U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2015, 04:01 PM

2 posts, read 1,117 times

Advertisements

I am a 32 year old married male with kid. . I worked in top notch IT companies with fortune 10 customers - ie always been in the right time with right people. Problem is I have never given 100% effort in whatever jobs I did. Mind always wavers and ending up being below potential. I was kind of hyper active in school with top grades and always charismatic until 10th grade until one of my ears failed me. I manage with just one, but not sure if its the true cause of me becoming less productive and unable to focus. Laziness creeped in and I stopped caring much. even the exams, interviews, promotions,jobs - nothing daunted me..i just took whatever came to me.

barely passed engineering and was jobless for a while and somehow ended up in top notch companies and have a great resume. all these with 30-40% effort( NOt that I didnt want to, but that was all i could do). I could come up with innovative ways of problem solving occasionally but could never do it consistently or on a daily basis.

I really know its my arrogance or resistance to change but it is as it is.

But I am spiritual and strongly believe that led me to where I am than my actual efforts.

I am not sure if its ADHD or something because I have great general knowledge and IQ than most of my peers and good at number crunching etc. But I tend to give importance to a roger federer match or a champions league match even when I have exams. ( see my username for instance)

The real problem is putting them to use effectively with whatever I have. Its now difficult and late to change careers or jobs .

Now I have a family and this approach is not going to work for ever. Will appreciate if you can point me or guide me to really get started.

The cells are wired such way for years. need some reprogramming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2015, 01:05 PM

8,452 posts, read 12,276,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunov View Post
its now difficult and late to change careers or jobs...Now I have a family and this approach is not going to work for ever
Not the prevailing sentiment, apparently (presuming you limit your family growth) (and even better if both parents work).

You may like these suggestions:
The Job of a Lifetime, No Longer Lasts a Lifetime - Social-Hire
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or