Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 07:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,125 times

Advertisements

ok so i really need help so for many years i was an atheist and lately i have come to believe that jesus really is real but it has been kind of difficult for people to accept my new change and one thing in my past really messes everything up!!! ok so i recently went to a convent its a cloistered convent and so i was accepted although i was never asked about my mental health so i didnt feel the need to disclose this information although i did give up willingly asthma information diabetes blood pressure and other illnesses which they asked well anyway i had no clue that they were going to ask for the suicide attempts in the past and medicines i had taken which i have only taken two one for anxiety and one for psychosis not schizophrenia though but anyway how can i keep this information secret without lying but most of all without offending god hence not having to go to hell and more to be honest i have everything else and would really appreciate a life of silent contemplation which i cant get in this world i could easily prove that i no longer have mental illness since i was cured of it 2 years ago thanks to jc but do you think they will accept it?? and please no negativity since we are all working for the same GOD thank you blessing in jc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2015, 04:58 AM

1,596 posts, read 2,811,445 times
Having worked as a mental health professional I'd suggest your mental health records aren't as accessible as you'd think. The systems do not readily share information with other entities without consent.

Now, having said the above, if you've had documented contact with law enforcement in connection with your mental health issues - that information is much more likely to come up in a records search.

On a personal note, I suggest you attempt to reconcile your need for secrecy with your need to be transparent about your past. For, a lie of omission is still a lie.

Bill

Old 10-22-2015, 11:53 AM

28,094 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Here's my suggestion: This thread needs to be moved to another forum.

Old 10-23-2015, 01:59 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,276,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrypoptart48 View Post
ok so i really need help so for many years i was an atheist and lately i have come to believe that jesus really is real but it has been kind of difficult for people to accept my new change and one thing in my past really messes everything up!!!

ok so i recently went to a convent its a cloistered convent and so i was accepted although i was never asked about my mental health so i didnt feel the need to disclose this information although

i did give up willingly asthma information diabetes blood pressure and other illnesses which they asked well anyway i had no clue that they were going to ask for the suicide attempts in the past and medicines i had taken which i have only taken two one for anxiety and one for psychosis not schizophrenia

though but anyway how can i keep this information secret without lying but most of all without offending god

hence not having to go to hell and more to be honest i have everything else and would really appreciate a life of silent contemplation which i cant get in this world i could easily prove that i no longer have mental illness since i was cured of it 2 years ago thanks to jc but do you think they will accept it?? [/b]

and please no negativity since we are all working for the same GOD thank you blessing in jc

Your past atheism does not mean that you will go to Hell. Jesus is a kind and understanding God.

That "thing in your past" is not "messing anything up." It is part of who you were and got you to where you are today.

A convent would probably be able to understand any past indiscretions. I also think it would be healthy for you to talk to them about it.

You need to be honest because you want a fresh start in your new life. TELL THEM HOW JUSUS CHRIST CURED YOU! It is important for them to know.

Good luck!

Old 10-24-2015, 11:26 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,438,862 times
I don't think you're as "cured" of your mental health issues as you think you are.

Old 10-24-2015, 11:35 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,442,558 times
Your record should stand!

Old 10-29-2015, 02:30 AM

14,016 posts, read 20,905,232 times
To the OP: Try to keep in mind that the convent needs to screen people in order to maintain the kind of community they have. I would be honest and let the cards fall where they may. If, as you claim, you have a higher power on your side, things will work out whether you are accepted in the convent or not.

Old 10-29-2015, 05:39 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,367,344 times
Omitting your health history doesn't seem completely honest, and I'm not sure that I would want to take vows and live in an environment where I felt I had to keep such an important part of my life a secret.

Not that I'm in any position to tell you what to do, I'm not.

There are alternatives to cloistered life in a convent. There are tertiary orders for lay people, that can provide spiritual support. You can even take temporary vows for several years at a time as a tertiary, yet you would live on your own in the secular world, instead of in a convent.

Old 10-30-2015, 07:28 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
You are considering entering a convent. You need to be completely honest with those in charge. Why wouldn't you be?

Old 10-30-2015, 03:32 PM

20,763 posts, read 19,968,204 times
God should bless you with punctuation.

It is not good to start a new path or life and already lying.

You are either a man of god now or not. Can't do it only when it is convenient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health