U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 12:21 PM

17,261 posts, read 14,233,380 times

Advertisements

i have no weight issues. I gain quickly but I am disciplined, so not sure if that counts or not.

Look up hashimoto. Sounds like a Korean car, but it is the thyroid thingy I am talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2015, 12:23 PM

1,499 posts, read 879,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Nooo, there are different kinds of thyroid issues. Some make you stay skinny. It is over or underfunction of the thyroid, one makes you fat and one keeps you skinny.

The annual physical doesn't include the THOROUGH thyroid blood work.
ok so maybe i'll ask my doctor. thanks

sorry to hijack the thread here

Old 10-29-2015, 12:40 PM

2,322 posts, read 1,917,647 times
and if you are diagnosed with a thyroid problem don't be discouraged if after taking medicine you dont get results for 6 or more months .. it takes a long time for the affects to show up and even longer for them to go away ...did me anyway ..

Old 10-29-2015, 02:37 PM

And my levels were actually kinda in the normal range. Just on the VERY EDGE of it. I am feeling MUCH better since I take the meds. I am also very relieved that my hair loss stopped.

What could also be a reason is water. There is tons of bad stuff in water, also bottled water. Look up fluoride. It can cause your symptoms as well. I have Reverse Osmosis water at my house now. The filters are about $150 and you can put them on your water pipe. Even all these bottled spring waters and all that other "natural" water has fluoride in it.

Either get an RO system or buy water from out of the country. The US is one of the last countries who add fluoride to their water. We have awesome teeth but the rest of the body falls apart.

Old 02-18-2016, 10:17 AM

2,056 posts, read 2,097,853 times
oh-eve, thank you for your comments. i was searching the key word "awake" when I found this thread. My fatigue is really the only symptom, but my mom has an issue with thyroid. I don't think that's my deal, i think I'm just really run down from winter and the related depression that I feel.

By the way, you are just beautiful.

Old 02-18-2016, 04:07 PM

Thank you, wow. You made my day.

You are very easy on the eyes, too

Have your vitamin D levels checked. Winter = no sun = low vitamin D levels.

Old 02-23-2016, 07:34 PM

3,017 posts, read 3,413,006 times
Walk a mile a day (fast)

Limit sugar intake

Get enough sleep at night. (Keep lights low or off about an hour before going to sleep at night and take Melatonin before going to bed)

No caffeine during the day. It effects negatively later on.

Think positive thoughts. There are over seven billion people in the world. If you live in a first world country, then there are at least four billion people that would like to be you, have access to the things you have, relative safety, clean water and a functioning economic system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or