U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2015, 06:14 PM

962 posts, read 2,354,204 times

Advertisements

The original thread carried me through a rough period. I've been away from CD for a while and noticed there had not been much activity in the older thread. So, I thought I'd kick off another thread now that the 2015/2016 holiday season is upon us.

As quoted from the original thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Holidays can be a tough time. People tend to spend this time, reviewing their lives, and comparing to what they think it should be, or become more critical with themselves. Maybe you are alone, or with someone, but not happy.

Come hang here. We can hang together until the New Year, and things will get better.

Last edited by cityhopper; 12-24-2015 at 06:15 PM.. Reason: typos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2015, 06:31 PM

5,360 posts, read 4,802,748 times
I was doing fine until tonight. All alone and extremely sad.

Old 12-24-2015, 07:00 PM

2,316 posts, read 1,904,217 times
I am doing better than expected. Got out today and took two separate walks - almost three miles.

Would I prefer to be in the warm embrace of a loved one for Christmas? Or hosting a house full of friends? Absolutely, but I don't have that in my life right now.

I'm going to be OK with a hot cup of tea and an old movie.

Old 12-25-2015, 11:27 AM

3,700 posts, read 3,084,995 times
Christmas is a VERY depressing day. I was going to do laundry today, but too depressed to even do that. And it's not like i'm pining for some corny family christmas life or anything like that, just day itself is so blah and gross. I love how I shut my phone off in protest (of what I don't know) this morning as if anyones going to be calling or texting me anyway hahaha. I burned all my bridges in the last year and I'm essentially screwed at this point, just waiting for the other shoe to drop and eventually wind up on the streets dying like my mom.

Old 12-25-2015, 12:07 PM

962 posts, read 2,354,204 times
Watched TV until I fell asleep and I then slept in supper late. I gave myself permission to eat some junk food :-) and will reheat American-Chinese food for Christmas dinner.

Thank whomever (insert your spiritual god or goddess) for electricity, high-speed internet, and Netflix. Yes, of course there are other things I'm thankful for...

I'm glad to just make it through the day.

Old 12-25-2015, 12:37 PM

3,700 posts, read 3,084,995 times
It's 60 today in NYC, was 73 yesterday. Makes it very easy to forget it's Christmas About to do my errands in shorts and a tshirt, hello!! amazing Xmas gift!

Old 12-25-2015, 10:48 PM

3,663 posts, read 2,082,062 times
I am just glad it's over and soon will be New Year's. Got a few pretty cool things but ready for it to be Monday now.

It's nice that it wasn't cold but it was kinda yuck outside.

Old 12-28-2015, 08:53 PM

607 posts, read 503,171 times
December is a tough month because it's my birthday, 10 days before Christmas, so not only are there the holidays and new year reflection, but also birthday blues. There's a song on the new Adele album that perfectly describes how I've been feeling in life the past 2 years. "I miss it when life was a party to be thrown, but that was a million years ago."

I have been in a severe, life-changing depression for almost 2 years, now. It's due to a trauma and developing PTSD. I literally can see it in my face, how the past couple of years has changed me. My eyes just look sad. I've lost my spirit and joy, my hope, the person that I was. I have been looking through old photos, from when I was happy (a few years ago), and it just makes me weep. I don't know if I'll ever get that person back. I used to be so full of life, I was pretty, I had everything ahead of me...and now I just look and feel like a dull, old, lifeless blob. My point is, is that the holidays have been very difficult the past few years. I want to have hope that maybe next year I'll be myself again, but I'm starting to lose hope. It's like the depression and PTSD have permanently altered not only my insides, but my looks as well. It's crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health