U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 12:29 PM

181 posts, read 237,999 times

Advertisements

My husband was doing good on medication on bipolar disorder for 3 years (he is been diagnosed for 20 years). 3 weeks ago he met a psychologist who told him (did test it him) he is not bipolar and since that time my husband is in hospital because he did cold turky. Any idea what to do? He is mad on me, his psychiatrist that we put him back in hospital. He is in paranoia and trust only that psychologist. It's his second time in hospital whichin 3 weeks period. I need help, advice what to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2016, 08:08 AM

1,424 posts, read 1,150,385 times
Bipolars love the denials, so try to get another opinion, this time from a psychiatrist. But if he is in the hospital most likely he suffers from something. Maybe if 2 out of 3 psychiatrist (not a psychologist) can determine what's wrong with him.

Best of lucks for you and your family.

Old 01-03-2016, 11:26 AM

he is bipolar for 20 years and he had 3 independent diagnosis always came up as bipolar. For last 3 years he was medicin compliant. But something happened in his mind for last 3 month he didnt sleep and got manic and didnt want to make a visit to his psychiatrist instead he found one psychologist who convinst him he has major depression so, he stopped medication and is second time in hospital. My husband paying this guy just for hearing what he always wanted heared.

Old 01-03-2016, 07:53 PM

3,431 posts, read 3,355,376 times
If he's in the hospital, isn't he required to take the correct medication? After they have him on medication that actually works and treats his symptoms, his delusions should disappear. Then hopefully he'll be diagnosed as bipolar again. And he'll see that he needs to stay compliant with his treatment.

Old 01-03-2016, 07:59 PM

2,937 posts, read 1,898,384 times
Did he voluntarily admit himself to the psychiatric unit or was put there involuntarily by a Physician Emergency Commitment?

That will greatly influence what happens next.

It sounds like a full blown manic episode. They will probably put him back on medication and get him stabilized.

Are you able to speak with his doctors?

Old 01-03-2016, 08:00 PM

1,039 posts, read 709,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majka View Post
My husband was doing good on medication on bipolar disorder for 3 years (he is been diagnosed for 20 years). 3 weeks ago he met a psychologist who told him (did test it him) he is not bipolar and since that time my husband is in hospital because he did cold turky. Any idea what to do? He is mad on me, his psychiatrist that we put him back in hospital. He is in paranoia and trust only that psychologist. It's his second time in hospital whichin 3 weeks period. I need help, advice what to do?
I would contact the AMA.

Not enough people question these miniature gods in white coats.

Old 01-03-2016, 08:31 PM

26,157 posts, read 16,306,937 times
Im so sorry and I hope for the best!!

Old 01-03-2016, 10:46 PM

Yes, he voluntarily admit himself. First time he was easy to do it week later when he left hospital he was still good on hospital medication then he met this psychologist again that he call him couch, this guy already charged hundred of dollars from our insurance and keep telling my husband he is not bipolar. The second hospitalization was more difficult but somehow the doctor pushed him to volunterirly admit to the hospital even though they were ready to get him anyway. The second hospitalization was on New Year's Eve. He is still there, taking hospital medication and can't wait to go out. He doesn't talk to me at all, the situation is tough becouse he believes his "couch" who is licensed psychologist. Money are flying out from our pocket, difficult situation, not mentioning we have 4 little kids. I wish this psychologist same nightmare in his happy life that he has now.

Last edited by majka; 01-03-2016 at 10:55 PM..

Old 01-03-2016, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Jean McGee View Post
I would contact the AMA.

Not enough people question these miniature gods in white coats.
What's AMA ?

Old 01-04-2016, 07:05 AM

2,937 posts, read 1,898,384 times
Has he authorized you to speak with his doctors? If he has, call the psych unit and ask to be put in touch with his Social Worker or Case Manager (he should have one) and express all of these concerns to him. Ask to have a session with your husband to talk about expectations after discharge. I'd suggest he go to some form of a day treatment program for mental illness.

What state are you in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health