Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 07:19 AM

1,284 posts, read 1,011,476 times

Advertisements

I could relate so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2016, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Bottom line is you need to find a constructive outlet for your anger so that you can learn to let it go. Some people go to therapy. Some do yoga or meditation. Some find a good church. Some do volunteer work....or a combination of any or all of the above.

Most of the people who bullied you probably came from messed up families, which is why some have been in jail already.

This is how the cycle of abuse works. Kids get abused by their parents (because their parents were abused as children). So they abuse other kids at school, etc.

You have to be the one to make the conscious decision that you want to end the cycle of abuse. That starts with learning to let go of the anger.
I'm not the OP, but I think only some of my bullies were abused, and some of them were people who merely found me really annoying and forgot that I was a human being despite that.

Old 07-27-2016, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackierudetsky View Post
I could relate so much.
Also, what's worse is that unlike the OP, I am feeling anger towards bullies who made fun of me literally only a few months ago.

Old 07-27-2016, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Also, what's worse is that unlike the OP, I am feeling anger towards bullies who made fun of me literally only a few months ago.
I only lost touch with them almost four months ago.

Old 07-27-2016, 07:59 AM

Also, my situation is quite close to this:
[Generation Z] The "good" teenagers

Some of my bullies had good grades and did well academically unlike me who was too lazy because I was too busy crying over them. (I posted in that thread as aja675.)

Old 07-28-2016, 11:04 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdN9vY9181Q

This is the kind of revenge I want.

Old 08-01-2016, 06:29 PM

Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdN9vY9181Q

This is the kind of revenge I want.
Every time I look at Mackenzie Zales plotting schemes to wreak revenge on Jenna Darabond, I see the revenge I want.

Old 08-02-2016, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Every time I look at Mackenzie Zales plotting schemes to wreak revenge on Jenna Darabond, I see the revenge I want.
I could stop myself though. I mean, if you used to be a victim, and you are still bitter and violent over the past even no one is doing anything to you anymore, you could end up creating a situation like this: //www.city-data.com/forum/afric...th-africa.html

Old 08-06-2016, 02:54 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,406,431 times
No, I don't necessarily think that it is bad to want revenge on those who have hurt you. I think that there would be strong repercussions if you actually acted on it though.

I know that you probably don't want to hear this, but you are young. At this point in time you have been subjected to much that is outside your control. I can certainly identify with being bullied, called ugly among other things, and coming from a family where my parents were less than supportive and really being downright abusive. I would be lying if I said that those experiences didn't hurt or that they didn't contribute to my insecurities, but the older I get, the farther I become removed from those experiences and the less they impact me.

You sound creative, due to the stories that you have written. You may be better than you think you are. For me it was drawing comics. Whether it was for my own amusement or not, it helped me to dissipate stress and rewrite my own history, so to speak. One of my favorite sayings is that there has to be a pony in all that sh*t. Use your hurt to fuel your own creativity, whether it may be a letter that you write to those who have hurt you, or a story that makes you laugh. You have the power within yourself to recreate history as you wish and move on. The more self reliant you are, the less your parents' mistreatment matters. And the more people that you meet, the less impact your tormentors have.

Believe me, I know what it feel like to feel robbed and to want to go back and right the wrongs. But life has a funny way of doing that for you, if you are patient enough. Three years ago I got engaged to a guy that used to give me the side-eye when I was my weird self and he dated all the popular girls years back in school. Know what? He turned out to be an absolute bum. I worked hard and bought my own house. I have a decent life. Keep in mind that people show the best aspects of theirselves on social media. I am totally convinced that a couple of girls I used to know fart rainbows and sh*t ice cream, but you never truly know what the truth is in other people's lives. How do I know that their spouses aren't abusive or something? I don't. I happen to agree that living well is the best revenge and that it is better to soar with the eagles than to fly with the crows. Take care of you and I am sure things will fall into place. I have seen too many things in my life to believe that that isn't true.

Old 08-10-2016, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swgirl926 View Post
No, I don't necessarily think that it is bad to want revenge on those who have hurt you. I think that there would be strong repercussions if you actually acted on it though.

I know that you probably don't want to hear this, but you are young. At this point in time you have been subjected to much that is outside your control. I can certainly identify with being bullied, called ugly among other things, and coming from a family where my parents were less than supportive and really being downright abusive. I would be lying if I said that those experiences didn't hurt or that they didn't contribute to my insecurities, but the older I get, the farther I become removed from those experiences and the less they impact me.

You sound creative, due to the stories that you have written. You may be better than you think you are. For me it was drawing comics. Whether it was for my own amusement or not, it helped me to dissipate stress and rewrite my own history, so to speak. One of my favorite sayings is that there has to be a pony in all that sh*t. Use your hurt to fuel your own creativity, whether it may be a letter that you write to those who have hurt you, or a story that makes you laugh. You have the power within yourself to recreate history as you wish and move on. The more self reliant you are, the less your parents' mistreatment matters. And the more people that you meet, the less impact your tormentors have.

Believe me, I know what it feel like to feel robbed and to want to go back and right the wrongs. But life has a funny way of doing that for you, if you are patient enough. Three years ago I got engaged to a guy that used to give me the side-eye when I was my weird self and he dated all the popular girls years back in school. Know what? He turned out to be an absolute bum. I worked hard and bought my own house. I have a decent life. Keep in mind that people show the best aspects of theirselves on social media. I am totally convinced that a couple of girls I used to know fart rainbows and sh*t ice cream, but you never truly know what the truth is in other people's lives. How do I know that their spouses aren't abusive or something? I don't. I happen to agree that living well is the best revenge and that it is better to soar with the eagles than to fly with the crows. Take care of you and I am sure things will fall into place. I have seen too many things in my life to believe that that isn't true.
Sometimes, some people make you want to avenge them because you feel like you're in a "the winner takes it all, the loser standing small'' situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health