Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 08:48 AM

4,295 posts, read 2,765,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mari1969 View Post
Thanks Cida for your advice, i was in theraphy for 11 years, then i change to another psychologys for almost 1 or 2 years and now, i have 4-5 years with a psychiatryst (therapyst) the first 2-3 years once a week, now twice a week so i guess i did and do more that asking strangers online.
By the way, isnt this and another forums to talk and ask, and rant?
Yes, it is. We are not here to dispense advice on medication. At least, that is not something I am comfortable doing since I didn't go to med school.

It sounds like you have done well until recently - joining meetup, playing a band, going to church, getting out a few nights a week - these are very good things.

You mention no family nearby. Have you recently been displaced from them? Has anything changed with regards to your demographics or your family?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2016, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I agree. It's not fashionable to want a SO badly but it's a real human need.
Exactly. Ironically, so many of the people that have asked me why I want a partner are folks who have been married for years. Well, if marriage is so awful and unnecessary, why have they been married for 20 years, lol!

Old 07-14-2016, 11:25 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times
Many stay in marriages out of necessity. I'm sure there are more unhappy marriages than good ones. I was there once and would never try that again. But everyone needs to try it once I guess . I know some folks who have never married and have good lives.

Marriage is more than a "word" it's a sentence for so many. Reading about the women in Iceland in particular and how they choose to have children/child and no need for marriage.

Many lead quite lives of desperation in marriage and so many are trapped. Familarity breeds contempt. So the grass is not always greener over there. I guess there are good marriages but I haven't seen many and personally I don't want to take care of anyone else as taking care of me is a huge job.

So some things to think about. Also the more we have in our lives people wise the more stress, more layers of stress....husband, children, houses, bills, lack of money etc. Those who have not gone there have no clue about it.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 07-14-2016 at 11:55 AM..

Old 07-14-2016, 08:55 PM

130 posts, read 111,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox2 View Post
I hate to say it but you said it yourself. You have been on psychotropic medication for the past 15 years. Reality has had itself filtered through medication, so that you don't really know what reality is.

IMO, you need to find a physician and a counselor who will not put you on more medication, but find a way for you to cope with life, WITH LESS or WITHOUT MEDICATION. Then you can finally discover what living is all about.
I agree with you, but i dont know how else can i do. Thanks for write me and for care about me.

Old 07-18-2016, 07:04 PM

I am sorry you feel lonely. There are some good posts on here. Please feel free to check in and let us know how you are feeling.

Old 07-21-2016, 11:37 AM

I wonder if the folks here bashing AD's have actually been on them? While they are overprescribed, they can be life savers for some people.

I am not aware of any data that shows harm from long term use, and would be curious to see some. However, I do believe they should be a last resort, and they are by no means a panacea.

Old 07-21-2016, 11:52 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeko156 View Post
I wonder if the folks here bashing AD's have actually been on them? While they are overprescribed, they can be life savers for some people.

I am not aware of any data that shows harm from long term use, and would be curious to see some. However, I do believe they should be a last resort, and they are by no means a panacea.
I mentioned in one of your other posts that I was on a merry go round for 10 yrs of various A/D's from 1991-2002...and just KNEW there was a better answer. True, I'm not a fan of the drugs but it takes work and determination to feel better. Talk therapy often is needed. Our bodies are so complex and so much needs to be addressed. Even seeing other doctors like naturopaths or integrative MD's. Conventional MD's will continue to hand out A/D's, that is there business.

Old 07-24-2016, 09:30 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,406,431 times
I am sorry that you feel lonely. You can feel lonely with a spouse, too, if you pick the wrong one. I get lonely too, but it is usually around Christmas and New Years. I see the posts on Facebook where everyone seems like they have a happy family, but who knows what is really going on. For me, I just have to prepare for it and remind myself why I have made certain decisions. Do you think something like Skype would help you feel closer to your family?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health