Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2016, 06:11 PM

73 posts, read 109,070 times

Advertisements

[B]One of the worst things that could ever happen a young adult is being apart of the "boomerang" generation where some of us have to live with parents because of financial situations. And I happen to be one of those young adults 24 to be exact where my mother is having me pay rent along with the water and light bill. She lives in two places, one that was supposed to be a place where me and my sibling could stay for after we graduated college but unfortunately I need to save up money to complete a final semester while my sibling who is already younger already finished.

Anyway, I'm only working a part time job now (looking for full time) but want to build an art portfolio where I can be an entrepreneur but my stupid mother is coming down every other week or so to collect money and not showing much warmth the way she does towards my sister. I mean, I know I was always the scapegoat of the f*cking family but this b*tch really does not seem to care about me. And I'm a little bit on the intuitive side so have picked up on people's intentions and have been having dreams where my mother was gossiping about me to other relatives, trying to ruin my reputation. It has affected me negatively even though I am trying not let it get to me and decided that elsewhere rent would be far more expensive so to save up money and ride it out.

But everyday I think about my problems, I end up wondering why I'm even here. I feel like no one cares about me, like to the point where I'll be on a bus or train and think "No one on this bus gives af about me and they probably would think I was weird if they knew me". And sometimes I'll get laughed at or mocked by random strangers, even by co-workers which is the reason I can't even make friends to escape family and it'll play like a record in my head like "All of my life I've been that unpopular weird, outcast girl. And my evil mother helped foster that". Life seems really pointless unless I can be by myself, meditate and enjoy my own company. But when I'm work or around family, I feel like crying but I don't. I want to escape society and take some long ass vacation for an entire year and not have to see another human face again. That's the way I feel most of the time even though I don't have enough money to even take off for a month.
[/b]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2016, 06:52 PM

427 posts, read 440,340 times
Seek out counseling. There should be community resources at low or no cost in your area. Wishing you luck and future happiness.

Old 12-20-2016, 08:22 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,051,675 times
Sounds like life is not going well for you right now and a "vacation" from all the negativity might be just what you need.

Seems you are somewhat dependent on your Mom for housing and you are working part time, do you have insurance with this job?

Give these guys a call.....https://www.samhsa.gov/find-help/national-helpline

They might be able to help.

Hope you get some relief soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health