Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 12:55 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansa85 View Post
To recap, yesterday she was too weak to drink from a straw, was delirious and "out of it", needed physical therapy to help her walk...

And today, she's going home.

At least I know my sisters were played.

Glad it's over! Hopefully she doesn't make this a weekly thing.
Oh man, I bet she's PISSED she has to go home. And I am not kidding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2017, 09:55 AM

28 posts, read 16,066 times
Well the **** just hit the fan. Turns out my younger sister, who sat at my mother's bedside for days, told her that I don't believe her.

She feels justified because the things that I have said "hurt people"

So now, I'm a toxic drama queen. She thinks it was perfectly fine to tell my mother that I don't trust her.

I only told my sisters that because we were ALL talking about our fears of her regressing. But somehow, I'm the toxic one.

And my older sister doesn't have the energy for the drama.

So, once again, I'm completely alone in this fight. I feel completely betrayed and I am so hurt.

I should have known better, I learned long ago that calling my mother on her crap does nothing but cause drama and turmoil.

So, my sister did it for me, while calling me toxic.

I feel completely betrayed and foolish.

Old 05-01-2017, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Well the **** just hit the fan. Turns out my younger sister, who sat at my mother's bedside for days, told her that I don't believe her.

She feels justified because the things that I have said "hurt people"

So now, I'm a toxic drama queen. She thinks it was perfectly fine to tell my mother that I don't trust her.

I only told my sisters that because we were ALL talking about our fears of her regressing. But somehow, I'm the toxic one.

And my older sister doesn't have the energy for the drama.

So, once again, I'm completely alone in this fight. I feel completely betrayed and I am so hurt.

I should have known better, I learned long ago that calling my mother on her crap does nothing but cause drama and turmoil.

So, my sister did it for me, while calling me toxic.

I feel completely betrayed and foolish.
Hey, look at it this way - you're off the hook.

I'm serious - clearly your sister wants your mom all to herself - otherwise she wouldn't have told your mom this. So let her have her.

Do you think she's after the inheritance? Is there one?

Old 05-02-2017, 04:53 AM

My mother doesn't have a dime to her name, she hasn't worked since we were kids.

My sister just has major issues. I've had over a decade of professional help and my sister never has, she refuses to go see anyone outside of church counseling.

We got in a fight and she turned it into personal attacks on me in front of an audience. Since that fight two weeks ago, she's set out to destroy the relationships that I have with people in both of our lives. We have three half siblings, she told our 16 year old half sibling about it, she dragged my older sister into it, and now she dragged my mom into it.

She succeeded, no one is talking to me. She got what she wanted, an anti sansa bandwagon.

The 16 year old dug me for information about the fight and i told her that I wouldn't talk behind my sisters back. I didn't tell her anything. In comparison, my sister used the fight to blow up my already fragile relationships.

Very mature of her.

Old 05-02-2017, 04:54 AM

I'm actually feeling better. I just feel like I lost my family, my birthday is on Friday, and I'm planning a wedding to boot.

It makes them not talking to me more painful but I want nothing to do with any of it. I learned the hard way that I can't trust my sisters, lesson learned.

Old 05-02-2017, 06:04 AM

50,370 posts, read 63,964,084 times
Quote:
I'm actually feeling better. I just feel like I lost my family, my birthday is on Friday, and I'm planning a wedding to boot.

It makes them not talking to me more painful but I want nothing to do with any of it. I learned the hard way that I can't trust my sisters, lesson learned.
It sounds like you have set yourself free. Through pain comes growth.

Old 05-02-2017, 06:35 AM

Thank you!

I know this has been long but I truly felt so alone and didn't know where to turn.

It's good to know that other people truly do understand other than my therapist

Old 05-02-2017, 06:39 AM

Quote:

It does sound like you can't trust your sisters - even the other ones. They apparently are very easily manipulated by the dysfunction of the family dynamics.

You're not. I commend you.

Is your family supposedly going to be involved in your wedding? I hope not.

As for your birthday, that's what friends are for! Go have a blast!

I wish that I had some dysfunctional family members who would take care of my mom, but unfortunately that's not the case. So I'm the one with the responsibility. Believe me, I've had to really lay down the law with her, which as you can imagine is NO FUN. When my dad died in October, she lost her Enabler, and she's always had a very contentious relationship with me because I've had her ticket since before I knew there was a name for her mental health issues - I just knew something was wrong with her that was not wrong with me by the time I was seven years old, and I began figuring out how to survive living in the same house with a mentally ill mother and still keep my own sanity.

I figured that out but it really ticked my mom off at me and she's been jealous of me, intimidated by me, frustrated with me, and vindictive toward me ever since. That being said, she knows that I "hold her future in my hands" at this point (aka "I'm responsible for her health and wellbeing now" - LUCKY ME!) so she's been forced to be polite and cooperative in these new roles. She's not an idiot - she knows that as long as she's minimally well behaved, I will be involved with her.

But I refuse to take on her entertainment in life as my responsibility. Prior to my dad dying, he allowed her to come up with all sorts of elaborate illnesses as her main form of entertainment - and he would take her to the doctor, over and over and over again. He would allow her to get online and order medical supplies and that sort of thing (she even had a wheelchair delivered to the house one time but he did put his foot down on that one - mainly because they didn't have a wheelchair accessible house and he simply didn't want to be forced into the role of pushing her around in that chair in public and hauling it in and out of the car - boy was my mom mad when he refused to do all that and refuse to make the house wheelchair accessible!).

She has known for decades that I don't fall for all those shenanigans and that I have no patience with her made up illnesses. This has been a source of great frustration with her for a long time, especially when she knew that my dad and I were talking and that I was discouraging him from going along with all this. Boy, she was furious about that!

But anyway, now he's gone and no one else is stepping up to the plate to take her care on (she can't care for herself when it comes to managing her finances, driving, etc so she's moved to a senior apartment community). Since she can't drive, and she's about half mad, I manage her finances and details and she floats around dressed oddly and smelling even more oddly, with a mop of wild, white hair and a sense of frustration because she knows I will not play "Let's Go the the Doctor" with her.

Good times.

Old 05-02-2017, 07:01 AM

It really speaks to your strength that you take care of your mother given everything she's put you through and that you know she's pulling your chain.

I admire that, and I really wanted to be that way, I worked through all of my hurt and anger towards her and accepted that she was just sick. So we actually had a good "relationship" for the few years that she was with her husband.

Now that my sisters are eating everything up, it turns me into the bad guy.

I didn't realize how off my mother was until I started college. I would always chalk up her lies to a misunderstanding on my part. But each and every break from college when my mother had a full house, she would be laid up on the couch with some medical crisis and my sisters would be by her side. I didn't know what her illness was, but that's when I started rolling my eyes at the drama of it all.

The wedding is in October, aside from some get togethers for planning, they haven't been involved. Thankfully I never thought to have them as a bridal party, I'm not having one. It's just my fiance and our two daughters.

I also have awhile to work through this before the invites go out. I want zero drama on that day so if this continues for months and months as I assume it will, I will have a tough decision to make.

I refuse to have my sister forming and anti sansa alliance on the day of my wedding, and my mother will make it all about her.

A few weeks ago, everyone was invited. Now, I don't know if I can be the bigger person and stomach it, but thankfully I have a bit of time to decide.

Old 05-02-2017, 08:22 AM

16,711 posts, read 19,410,227 times
Quote:

A few weeks ago, everyone was invited. Now, I don't know if I can be the bigger person and stomach it, but thankfully I have a bit of time to decide.
I think you are the bigger person if you exclude them and are above it all.

Be strong and cut them out of your life. You are free now. So, fly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health