Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 12:07 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times

Advertisements

And soon you'll be homeless, with no neighbors to disturb. Problem solved.

Old 12-29-2017, 12:08 PM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,332,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elainextian View Post
The courtesy officer has been the ONLY sane understanding person in this equation.

And she often let's me off the hook because of my condition.
Based on your condition, maybe you should be in a group home of some sort?

https://www.autismspeaks.org/family-...mmunity-living

Old 12-29-2017, 12:11 PM

20 posts, read 15,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
I say please remove it from the forum at large, because it's a racist rant that has no place here. The OP is likely a troll and a pathetic one at that.

Shame they don't teach coping skills in High school. (Assuming you graduated.)
They didn't teach them in graduate school either.

I graduated with a high GPA. Academically gifted.

But confess to NOT being a people person.

Old 12-29-2017, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
Based on your condition, maybe you should be in a group home of some sort?

https://www.autismspeaks.org/family-...mmunity-living
I don't have a family of means. Not an option as we don't have the resources to afford it.

Besides, I deserve to live a productive, successful life as anyone else.

When that is threatened, I am sent into a tailspin.

If I am smart enough to graduate with a graduate degree and a high GPA, I am smart enough to not need a group home, right?

Old 12-29-2017, 12:16 PM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,332,943 times
Quote:
They didn't teach them in graduate school either.

I graduated with a high GPA. Academically gifted.

But confess to NOT being a people person.
Well, I reiterate that it's a shame they don't teach coping skills. I'd say "not being a people person" is the least of your worries if you're breaking dishes and throwing pots and pans around your apartment just to annoy or get even with your neighbors. I feel terribly sorry for people that have to not only deal with you or even worse share walls with you.

Quote:
I don't have a family of means. Not an option as we don't have the resources to afford it.

Besides, I deserve to live a productive, successful life as anyone else.

When that is threatened, I am sent into a tailspin.

If I am smart enough to graduate with a graduate degree and a high GPA, I am smart enough to not need a group home, right?
No one deserves anything. If you act like this, what do you expect? 99% of life is not what happens to you but how you react to it. Cliched I know, but it stands true.

Old 12-29-2017, 12:19 PM

It's fine if they want to kick me out.

What is NOT OK is them threatening me with calling the police.

The ADA should protect me from such harrassment.

By threatening me with law enforcement they are purposely trying to trigger me. Harrassment.

Old 12-29-2017, 12:24 PM

130,290 posts, read 12,105,905 times
Quote:
It's fine if they want to kick me out.

What is NOT OK is them threatening me with calling the police.

The ADA should protect me from such harrassment.

By threatening me with law enforcement they are purposely trying to trigger me. Harrassment.
The ADA does not entitle people to break the law & harrass folk. I feel bad for you, but acting out in such an immature way, is not helpful to you. You will have to learn how to cope with bad spots in life. like the rest of us do.

Old 12-29-2017, 12:30 PM

I never had anything against the neighbors.

Actually got along with one of them until this.

I considered writing an apology letter explaining myself but now am too embarrassed to.

There were a few times I've been confronted about the matter they (and the courtesy officer) knocked on my door and I ignored it/ flat out denied it.

I've been open and honest with the courtesy officer and one of the leasing staff. They are the only trustworthy people in this equation who aren't just hateful and prejudiced.

Also didn't know that was considered harrassment. Just a nuisance.

Old 12-29-2017, 01:19 PM

130,290 posts, read 12,105,905 times
I am glad the courtesy officer is nice. Have they said anything about allowing you to stay? I don't honestly know if an apology letter is a good idea or not, you might not want another paper trail.

Old 12-29-2017, 01:39 PM

They decided to non renew me which is fine. I didn't plan to renew anyhow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health