Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 08:30 PM

20 posts, read 15,044 times

Advertisements

I'm ****ing SICK OF not being able to find a job.

****ing SICK OF IT!

I'm ****ing SICK OF having debts I can't pay.

I'm ****ing SICK OF watching EVERYONE get the jobs that they are qualified for and lead a good life EXCEPT ME.

I have a graduate degree and it makes NO SENSE.

I told mom that since I couldn't grown up to be somebody she should have set me on fire when I was born.

And if I can't find a job so I can make reasonable progress, I'll set my own self on fire.

I got an AD on Craigslist telling men to come rape me and give me AID so I'll die.

Some people have it so perfect.

I do t understand why I can't be one of them.

And I'll set fire to every last bill i have to pay.

Old 01-07-2018, 08:47 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,394,411 times
Life isn't fair...it is best to accept this as soon as you can.

Don't hurt yourself....not worth it.

I suggest some counseling.

What is your grad degree in?

Old 01-07-2018, 08:49 PM

Public health

Old 01-07-2018, 09:42 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,394,411 times
Ok, good that you have that to help in your job search. Plenty of people working dead end jobs would love to have your credentials.

Old 01-07-2018, 09:51 PM

61,704 posts, read 87,101,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elainextian View Post
I'm ****ing SICK OF not being able to find a job.

****ing SICK OF IT!

I'm ****ing SICK OF having debts I can't pay.

I'm ****ing SICK OF watching EVERYONE get the jobs that they are qualified for and lead a good life EXCEPT ME.

I have a graduate degree and it makes NO SENSE.

I told mom that since I couldn't grown up to be somebody she should have set me on fire when I was born.

And if I can't find a job so I can make reasonable progress, I'll set my own self on fire.

I got an AD on Craigslist telling men to come rape me and give me AID so I'll die.

Some people have it so perfect.

I do t understand why I can't be one of them.

And I'll set fire to every last bill i have to pay.
You have a graduate degree but you make no sense. Are you always so articulate? Maybe that's the reason you can't progress with your life?
You are frustrated and angry, but you shouldn't give up, but keep trying. That's what people do, to "get it perfect".
First of all, get some professional help. You need to manage your anger. That will be first step to get well enough to seek employment, and interact with people.
People can feel your anger, and no one wants to employ an angry person who will disturb work flow. If they have few people who are qualified, they are going to go with the one they feel most comfortable with.

Autistic adults are one of the most disadvantaged disability group in the workplace - they have their own needs, needs that our society is just starting to figure out how to fill.
Applying for a job, and successfully presenting your qualifications is difficult. Perhaps you can get help from local Workforce Agency - browse job openings, create a résumé and apply for jobs. Find job search tips and assistance with writing résumé and cover letters, interviewing, negotiating salaries and evaluating job offers.
https://us.jobs/state-workforce-agencies.asp <<< c heck availability and enroll. All help ( online and in person is free)

Perhaps you are eligible for help from the state’s Department of Developmental Services for services like job coaching? Maybe you could get counselor to sit in during your job interviews, ensuring that someone familiar with autism is helping to decoder nuances of body language or social convention...
There is a sad truth that the highest-functioning people on the spectrum can be particularly hard to place in jobs since they can, and want to, do more ambitious work than the menial roles so often assigned disabled workers. Yet routine interactions rarely come easily, even for the most verbal of them.

Good luck!!

Last edited by elnina; 01-07-2018 at 10:45 PM..

Old 01-07-2018, 10:01 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,314,290 times
You think that you're never going to be able to overcome these obstacles, but you will. Your bills will get paid eventually, you may even take a hit to your credit, but as time goes on you can improve that as well.

Do the best you can.

Last edited by HomeIsWhere...; 01-07-2018 at 10:10 PM..

Old 01-08-2018, 08:16 AM

Thanks for this resource Elnina
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
You have a graduate degree but you make no sense. Are you always so articulate? Maybe that's the reason you can't progress with your life?
You are frustrated and angry, but you shouldn't give up, but keep trying. That's what people do, to "get it perfect".
First of all, get some professional help. You need to manage your anger. That will be first step to get well enough to seek employment, and interact with people.
People can feel your anger, and no one wants to employ an angry person who will disturb work flow. If they have few people who are qualified, they are going to go with the one they feel most comfortable with.

Autistic adults are one of the most disadvantaged disability group in the workplace - they have their own needs, needs that our society is just starting to figure out how to fill.
Applying for a job, and successfully presenting your qualifications is difficult. Perhaps you can get help from local Workforce Agency - browse job openings, create a résumé and apply for jobs. Find job search tips and assistance with writing résumé and cover letters, interviewing, negotiating salaries and evaluating job offers.
https://us.jobs/state-workforce-agencies.asp <<< c heck availability and enroll. All help ( online and in person is free)

Perhaps you are eligible for help from the state’s Department of Developmental Services for services like job coaching? Maybe you could get counselor to sit in during your job interviews, ensuring that someone familiar with autism is helping to decoder nuances of body language or social convention...
There is a sad truth that the highest-functioning people on the spectrum can be particularly hard to place in jobs since they can, and want to, do more ambitious work than the menial roles so often assigned disabled workers. Yet routine interactions rarely come easily, even for the most verbal of them.

Good luck!!

Old 01-08-2018, 08:54 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,296,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
You have a graduate degree but you make no sense.
!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Plenty of people working dead end jobs would love to have your credentials.
^^This 100%. If you can't get jobs you desire perhaps in the meantime look for simple jobs that are lower qualified to help pay off your debts?

Old 01-08-2018, 10:02 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,101,553 times
Elainxtian,
Stop, please. Do you not understand how amazing you are to have made it this far?

The fact that you have accomplished so much already means that you have what it takes to do anything you want. I know that most people don't understand how easy they have it compared to you. There are no words to explain it in a way people could understand.

I have spent my whole life; always on the outside looking in. It's like there is this thick window in a brick wall; the whole world is inside. I am not. I can see what I'm missing but I can't reach it. I'm not one of them.

Stop being your own worst enemy. It takes one to know one so I know that's what you are doing. Success is the best revenge.

Old 01-08-2018, 10:15 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,137,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softcrunch View Post
^^This 100%. If you can't get jobs you desire perhaps in the meantime look for simple jobs that are lower qualified to help pay off your debts?
Yes, just getting 'any' job will improve your mood and outlook 100%. There is nothing wrong with being under-employed, it happens to most of us at one time or another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health