Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2018, 11:20 AM

2,762 posts, read 3,166,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Yes it did. I believe it is for people with bipolar but since I really didn't have that disorder it had that side effect on me. I wasn't a jogger back then but there I was jogging at 10 p.m. at night in not the best neighborhoods for about a week before I realized something wasn't right. But like I said, I kind of enjoyed that feeling; it made me feel almost normal. Then the doctor switched me to Lorazepam which made me extremely suicidal. Later I read that Lorazepam shouldn't be given to depressed patients unless you are also giving them an anti-depressant which she wasn't. One of the reasons I'm not real confidant about psychiatrists these days.
They will literally just hand out anything and see how it works, even pills that are meant for illnesses you don't even have, because it might just work. All just guess and check.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2018, 12:10 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,708,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
They will literally just hand out anything and see how it works, even pills that are meant for illnesses you don't even have, because it might just work. All just guess and check.

It's called prescribing medications off label...I have a rx now that is usually indicated for different illness but also helps me with mine.

Old 05-31-2018, 09:05 AM

15,199 posts, read 10,176,724 times
I finally have an appointment for next week with my son's GP. He has had a lot of luck with this doctor who actually will do research if he is not super knowledgeable about something. He has found the right combination of meds for my son's anxiety, depression and attention deficit issue. I'm hoping he can do the same for me. I wouldn't even discuss these issues with my GP; he doesn't seem to know or care about mental issues.

Old 05-31-2018, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I finally have an appointment for next week with my son's GP. He has had a lot of luck with this doctor who actually will do research if he is not super knowledgeable about something. He has found the right combination of meds for my son's anxiety, depression and attention deficit issue. I'm hoping he can do the same for me. I wouldn't even discuss these issues with my GP; he doesn't seem to know or care about mental issues.
Good news! You will be honest about your feelings and past suicide attempts right??? He or she needs to know it all...

All the luck in the world, fellow traveller.

Old 05-31-2018, 04:49 PM

15,199 posts, read 10,176,724 times
Yes I will be honest except when it comes to any feelings of suicide that I have currently. If they know that they will Baker Act me. Even though I have those feelings I will not act on them.

Old 06-01-2018, 09:46 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,417,559 times
“Above all else, be the hero or heroine of your life, not the victim” - Nora Ephron

Old 06-01-2018, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
“Above all else, be the hero or heroine of your life, not the victim” - Nora Ephron

So you think people having major depression consider themselves victims???

We have an illness that causes us to fight tooth and nail to live a somewhat normal life....it takes much more courage and continuing stamina than most people could ever realize.

Old 06-01-2018, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
So you think people having major depression consider themselves victims???

We have an illness that causes us to fight tooth and nail to live a somewhat normal life....it takes much more courage and continuing stamina than most people could ever realize.
No need to get defensive. I didn't think of that until you mentioned it, I just know that the power of positive thinking and gratitude actually works.

For some, results are better found thru lifestyle changes, for others, medication. For most, it is some combination of both. Have a nice day.

Old 06-01-2018, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
No need to get defensive. I didn't think of that until you mentioned it, I just know that the power of positive thinking and gratitude actually works.

For some, results are better found thru lifestyle changes, for others, medication. For most, it is some combination of both. Have a nice day.

Stick to what you really know...it's not Major Depressive Disorder.

Old 06-01-2018, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Stick to what you really know...it's not Major Depressive Disorder.
Umkay. It is your thread, and I promise to never post in it again.

Ciao.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health