Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2018, 09:51 PM

447 posts, read 488,048 times

Advertisements

Hi Mightyqueen, that's great that your daughter is feeling better. I was actually thinking of you and your daughter, just remembered what you wrote me once, some time ago. My son is on the roller coaster right now, we trying to stabilize him, hopefully, at least half way there.:-) Wishing your daughter the best.

I think that Jamin doesn't realize one thing, there's not one depression, or mental illness, in general. Somebody can be depressed slightly, sluggish, not feeling that great. And there's a depression, when you feeling freaking sick, not sleeping for 36 hours straight and thinking about ending that crap and deep pain you going thru. There are so many types of depression, I think people get confused and don't understand.
I went thru so much pain in my young age, thru so much depression, for me sitting on the floor in the dark bathroom for God knows how long, not eating or sleeping what so ever for days, physically painful, without any help or meds. Miracle I'm still here. And, after my 3 children, my hormones changed enough, that these days my depression is manageable without meds, I know my body better and recognize it and take it as my part of my life. But it's not anymore the crazy depression of my youth, and that's my point. People who don't know better,don't recognize the difference.

Thinking about all of you here, who are in so much pain. Just don't forget, you are not alone. There's always someone who is thinking about you. You are worthy of life. There's nothing shameful about the pain you feeling. Don't stay quiet and speak up. That's what my son decided to do. We are sick and tired about the taboo called suicide and depression. Speak up and get help, please!! Life can get better, if not necessary crazy happy, at least content. That's what I'm shooting for. Content.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2018, 09:56 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohunak View Post
Hi Mightyqueen, that's great that your daughter is feeling better. I was actually thinking of you and your daughter, just remembered what you wrote me once, some time ago. My son is on the roller coaster right now, we trying to stabilize him, hopefully, at least half way there.:-) Wishing your daughter the best.

I think that Jamin doesn't realize one thing, there's not one depression, or mental illness, in general. Somebody can be depressed slightly, sluggish, not feeling that great. And there's a depression, when you feeling freaking sick, not sleeping for 36 hours straight and thinking about ending that crap and deep pain you going thru. There are so many types of depression, I think people get confused and don't understand.
I went thru so much pain in my young age, thru so much depression, for me sitting on the floor in the dark bathroom for God knows how long, not eating or sleeping what so ever for days, physically painful, without any help or meds. Miracle I'm still here. And, after my 3 children, my hormones changed enough, that these days my depression is manageable without meds, I know my body better and recognize it and take it as my part of my life. But it's not anymore the crazy depression of my youth, and that's my point. People who don't know better,don't recognize the difference.

Thinking about all of you here, who are in so much pain. Just don't forget, you are not alone. There's always someone who is thinking about you. You are worthy of life. There's nothing shameful about the pain you feeling. Don't stay quiet and speak up. That's what my son decided to do. We are sick and tired about the taboo called suicide and depression. Speak up and get help, please!! Life can get better, if not necessary crazy happy, at least content. That's what I'm shooting for. Content.
Same here. I no longer experience the darkness of what I experienced in my childhood and young adulthood. It revisited after my divorce, but by then therapy was more available and I worked at it all, the depression and the OCD.

Unfortunately, my daughter got that stuff from me and the bipolar from her dad. She is very open and speaks out about mental illness not being swept under the rug. I am proud of her for that.

Old 10-29-2018, 07:36 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,859,243 times
[quote=Mightyqueen801;53491974]Same here.

I no longer experience the darkness of what I experienced in my childhood and young adulthood. It revisited after my divorce, but by then therapy was more available and I worked at it all, the depression and the OCD.

_______

And same for me. Therapy and meds saved my life. Not crazy happy but content.

Glad your daughter speaks out...the only way to halt stigma of mental illness.

Old 10-29-2018, 08:26 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohunak View Post
I agree. And sometimes depression changes from day to day with the same person. Yesterday my depression was a physical pain. I groaned every time I moved. Today I feel better. I am still depressed, but I am able to do things around the house and have had music on for the last two hours.

A lot of people complain about SAD this time of year. Days are shorter, less sunshine, etc. etc. Me? I prefer this time of year. Summer is 100 times worse for me with the intrusive heat and high sun. But I understand why people feel the way they do this time of year even if it is different for me

Old 10-29-2018, 10:15 AM

447 posts, read 488,048 times
Joe, I have the same feeling about sun. I can't take heat and sunshine year round, feeling much better in fall, winter, spring:-) And I live in Houston TX :-)) Heat is oppressive here, sunshine almost all the time, and when cooler weather comes, or rain, I enjoy myself tremendously, full of energy.:-) Everybody is different.

Old 10-29-2018, 11:14 AM

There is a reverse SAD....

Old 10-29-2018, 03:28 PM

I went out with my buddy as he went out to show someone's horses. He wanted me to ride along and I gladly went. It was beautiful here today. On the way to the horses, he got a text that one of his friends (whom I don't know) had shot himself. He pulled over into a gas station parking lot and in the course of ten or fifteen minutes, got the news that his friend had shot himself and was on the way to the hospital in an ambulance to finding out the guy had died.

It was distressing and also kinda eye-opening to see my friends' reaction to another friends suicide. I tried to be a good friend and I guess maybe I was. We went and he shoed the horses. The few hours I was with my friend made me want to go get immediate help for my own situation. Now that I am home, the depression is coming back on. I feel bad for my friend and is friends family.

Old 10-29-2018, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I went out with my buddy as he went out to show someone's horses. He wanted me to ride along and I gladly went. It was beautiful here today. On the way to the horses, he got a text that one of his friends (whom I don't know) had shot himself. He pulled over into a gas station parking lot and in the course of ten or fifteen minutes, got the news that his friend had shot himself and was on the way to the hospital in an ambulance to finding out the guy had died.

It was distressing and also kinda eye-opening to see my friends' reaction to another friends suicide. I tried to be a good friend and I guess maybe I was. We went and he shoed the horses. The few hours I was with my friend made me want to go get immediate help for my own situation. Now that I am home, the depression is coming back on. I feel bad for my friend and is friends family.
Oh, very sad....I'm sure you were a comfort to him. Must be odd finding yourself in that situation.

Made you want to get help for yourself?

Well? Are you going in...?

Old 10-31-2018, 01:37 PM

It did initially make me want to get help, but I'm having trouble making the call. I'm not looking forward to it because I might would have to go trough the local hospital and they suck. That's where I was two weeks ago. I need help getting help, I guess.

Old 11-03-2018, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I'm feeling rough this afternoon. Odd how I can feel my depression rise and lower just in the course of a few minutes or an hour throughout the day.
You know, it didn't dawn on me until today that I've just lately started feeling any highs. I've been a roller coaster ride this week and it's been crazy. But it wasn't that long that I was flatlining through a serious depression. I suppose this is progress. I have an appointment with the doctor this week so maybe this is when things start looking up for me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health