Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2018, 08:38 AM

815 posts, read 980,310 times

Advertisements

I hope your appointment goes well, Joe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2018, 08:50 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,849,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
You know, it didn't dawn on me until today that I've just lately started feeling any highs. I've been a roller coaster ride this week and it's been crazy. But it wasn't that long that I was flatlining through a serious depression. I suppose this is progress. I have an appointment with the doctor this week so maybe this is when things start looking up for me
GREAT news! Glad you made the call to get an appointment.

Have you discussed with the MD meds for treatment-resistant depression?
Or the newest drugs on the market for depression??

Or even meds used off label for depression?? Not suggesting this for you, but just an example...
I got improved mood from a combo of low dose antipsychotics and antidepressants....taking Abilify, Seroquel,
Lexapro, Wellbutrin.

Good luck and please let us know how it goes!

Old 11-05-2018, 10:42 PM

236 posts, read 258,940 times
I've been pretty depressed for over 20 years and have tried several different SSRIs. About 6 weeks ago I started restarted sertraline after a 15 year hiatus, doesn't do much for the depression but does dramatically reduce my nightttime tooth clenching (which causes exhausting throbbing headaches) so will probably stay on it just for that benefit.

Even though I'm tired and depressed pretty much all day every day, I have to get out of bed by 7 to walk my dog because he has a ton of energy. Then I have to work for 8 hours because life would be much worse if I lost my job and home (wouldn't be homeless luckily since my parents would let me live with them but I don't want to resort to that). I deal with some pretty depressing situations every day for work but at least they make me grateful for what I have and have accomplished in spite of my mental state. Maybe one day I'll at least be able to sleep 7 hours consistently -- that would really help because I feel much better after the rare nights that I do.

Old 11-06-2018, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nja2016 View Post
I've been pretty depressed for over 20 years and have tried several different SSRIs. About 6 weeks ago I started restarted sertraline after a 15 year hiatus, doesn't do much for the depression but does dramatically reduce my nightttime tooth clenching (which causes exhausting throbbing headaches) so will probably stay on it just for that benefit.

Even though I'm tired and depressed pretty much all day every day, I have to get out of bed by 7 to walk my dog because he has a ton of energy. Then I have to work for 8 hours because life would be much worse if I lost my job and home (wouldn't be homeless luckily since my parents would let me live with them but I don't want to resort to that). I deal with some pretty depressing situations every day for work but at least they make me grateful for what I have and have accomplished in spite of my mental state. Maybe one day I'll at least be able to sleep 7 hours consistently -- that would really help because I feel much better after the rare nights that I do.

Sorry about this....we here understand your predicament. Do you have a psych MD? You need to discuss your lack of treatment progression...a visit with a psychiatrist could help firm up your diagnosis and provide treatment options for you. It might be time for newer meds or a combination of meds. Therapy and medications are what help most of us improve....

Sleep issues certainly be part of depression...finding appropriate meds would likely help with this.

Some days my cats are the only reason I want to get out of bed. I understand how you feel...keep us updated.

Old 11-06-2018, 11:03 AM

4,295 posts, read 2,764,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nja2016 View Post

Yeah, sertraline is an interesting drug. It also reduced my anxiety - social anxiety, out the window - GONE. But not the depression. It also made me foggy to the point where I struggled with calculations, etc.
For what it is worth, you do have some wonderful things in your life like your job, your doggy and supportive parents.

Old 11-09-2018, 01:05 AM

24,615 posts, read 9,446,498 times
Finding a significant other helped me tremendously get out of my depression

so for those still struggling, I'm hoping you find out how to solve or fix what is causing the depression

Old 11-13-2018, 03:43 PM

4,295 posts, read 2,764,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Finding a significant other helped me tremendously get out of my depression

so for those still struggling, I'm hoping you find out how to solve or fix what is causing the depression
Interesting...I would rather poke my eye out than date right now.

Old 11-13-2018, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeko156 View Post

Hee hee....me too.

Old 11-13-2018, 06:42 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,519,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeko156 View Post
Ha! Me, too, really. And, really, thinking that a person is going to be able to cure your depression is really dangerous. You're (and obviously not talking to who i quoted here) asking a lot of another person especially if they arent aware of what you're expecting. It's not fair if them or of you.

Old 11-15-2018, 11:12 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,519,061 times
Day 3 of being on Cymbalta again. Today I am just zoned out more than I was expecting. Mentally, I don't feel bad. Not really. I just don't feel 100% here. The first day I took it, I became slightly nauseous and still felt that way on Day 2. But I also felt really good both days. I don't know if the nausea or the zoned out feeling is related to the meds o not. It seems awful early for side effects. The good feeling at first may have been a placebo effect.

Tuesday was actually a pretty good day as my nurse said my wounf on my foot is 99% gone. I've had an open would or sutures in that foot since November, 2015, so this was most excellent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health