Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2020, 07:21 AM

15,202 posts, read 10,213,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Great news: depression is a choice. I got a tongue-lashing by a friend who informed me of this.
Well hot damn! I choose to not be depressed. There you go - I'm all cured.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2020, 09:12 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,446,206 times
Does anyone know what happened to the OP? Feel free to
PM me, thanks.

Old 02-13-2020, 08:20 PM

3,925 posts, read 2,557,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Does anyone know what happened to the OP? Feel free to
PM me, thanks.
I have been wondering too. Wishing I knew how she is! Sending her best wishes!

Old 02-14-2020, 06:49 AM

15,202 posts, read 10,213,389 times
She is no longer on City Data - that is all the info I received back in July I believe.

Old 02-19-2020, 01:13 AM

Scared to death. Well, minor exaggeration. It comes from my childhood, extends to my future now. Always has really. I'm tired of all my problems and the worlds too.

There is no advice except to keep looking for a counselor but I've almost given up hope for that. Depression can take cruel turns.

Feels life doesn't matter. :-/

.pu evig ot tnaw I

Old 02-19-2020, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Flower View Post
Scared to death. Well, minor exaggeration. It comes from my childhood, extends to my future now. Always has really. I'm tired of all my problems and the worlds too.

There is no advice except to keep looking for a counselor but I've almost given up hope for that. Depression can take cruel turns.

Feels life doesn't matter. :-/

.pu evig ot tnaw I

P.S... this is why I cannot post. Just have no joy to share.

Old 02-19-2020, 05:32 AM

417 posts, read 451,957 times
So sorry to come on here and see your post wild flower.
I hope you can get some strength to pull you through. I think many of us have felt that kind of despair but as they say, it does pass.
This is a very kind and caring group of people on these threads. Please be kind to yourself.

Old 02-19-2020, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salonva View Post
So sorry to come on here and see your post wild flower.
I hope you can get some strength to pull you through. I think many of us have felt that kind of despair but as they say, it does pass.
This is a very kind and caring group of people on these threads. Please be kind to yourself.
Thank you I will try. The despair has been with me a very long time.

I remember a warmline counselor telling me I can always be kind. Thanks for reminding me.

Old 02-19-2020, 07:51 AM

815 posts, read 972,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Flower View Post
P.S... this is why I cannot post. Just have no joy to share.
You don't have to have "joy to share" to post here, Wild Flower.

Many of us are struggling. Many of us find a sense of purpose in sharing kind words with others here, even we are in the depths of despair ourselves.
And maybe just for a moment our personal burden is lifted by the knowledge that we gave a bit of encouragement to someone when they needed it.

Sometimes that is enough to inspire me to carry on.

Don't give up.

And post when you need to. Most of us here are anonymous strangers, but also compassionate people who care deeply about others who share our suffering.

Depression sucks!

Old 02-19-2020, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollybygolly View Post
You don't have to have "joy to share" to post here, Wild Flower.

Many of us are struggling. Many of us find a sense of purpose in sharing kind words with others here, even we are in the depths of despair ourselves.
And maybe just for a moment our personal burden is lifted by the knowledge that we gave a bit of encouragement to someone when they needed it.

Sometimes that is enough to inspire me to carry on.

Don't give up.

And post when you need to. Most of us here are anonymous strangers, but also compassionate people who care deeply about others who share our suffering.

Depression sucks!
True. Thanks for your support. You are spot on about depression! The worst is when the depression becomes physically painful.

There are times I post to help someone, even when I am not doing well. But sometimes it is too personal and I can't. What cheers me is making cheery posts. But it escapes me sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health