Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2018, 11:15 AM

1 posts, read 400 times

Advertisements

Alright. I'll try to explain this to the best of my ability.
Early this morning, I assume I was half asleep half awake, I heard a voice. It was my voice, in my head, but not in the way as if I was talking to myself, if that makes any sense. The short conversation went as follows:
Me?- do you hear that?
Actually Me- Hear what?
Me?- The sounds of footsepts outside of the door...
Actually Me- I don't think I hear anything?
Me?- listen..... I'm scared.

I proceed to wake up fully and there was indeed footsteps outside but it was just my children getting ready for school.
Now this may not sound like anything but, I've been weirded out from it. It was like a conversation between two different people but it was indeed me talking to me but talking as if I was conversating with another person, in my head of course. This is the first time, has anyone else experienced this? I hope I explained it well enough to be comprehended well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2018, 08:02 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,287,554 times
You were still "half asleep"....that's why...the mind can play powerful tricks on us sometimes.

I remember as a child sleeping outside and hearing over and over "where are you?...where are you?....
Then I woke up fully to discover it was the song of a bird...

I see no reason to be "weirded out" by it though.....the mind can play some great tricks on us, especially when we're still half asleep.

Old 11-09-2018, 08:28 AM

3,302 posts, read 3,029,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
You were still "half asleep"....that's why...the mind can play powerful tricks on us sometimes.

I remember as a child sleeping outside and hearing over and over "where are you?...where are you?....
Then I woke up fully to discover it was the song of a bird...

I see no reason to be "weirded out" by it though.....the mind can play some great tricks on us, especially when we're still half asleep.
As a mental medium, I hear voices all the time that aren't mine, but in this case, I agree with purehuman. It may have been your body's way of trying to keep you asleep for a few more precious minutes, or just your brain still in the dream state.

I have sometimes found myself staring at something across the room, asking myself over and over, "What is that?" and then when I'm awake I see it was the light switch or a clock or something.

Nothing to worry about here, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health