Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 07:08 PM

73 posts, read 109,027 times

Advertisements

I have a part time security event job where we get to go out of town for the day but it doesn't include lodging. I've only worked in town shifts before. My covert narcissistic mother has been telling me that younger women like me can easily go missing. Is this a genuine concern or a trap where my parent thinks I will find some way to not become supply anymore?

They serve us food and we sleep on the bus. Apparently we're supposed to leave early in the morning for a 4 to 5 hour ride to another city and state and then come back after event is over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2017, 07:23 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,555,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thzodiac View Post
I have a part time security event job where we get to go out of town for the day but it doesn't include lodging. I've only worked in town shifts before. My covert narcissistic mother has been telling me that younger women like me can easily go missing. Is this a genuine concern or a trap where my parent thinks I will find some way to not become supply anymore?

They serve us food and we sleep on the bus. Apparently we're supposed to leave early in the morning for a 4 to 5 hour ride to another city and state and then come back after event is over.
Does it make a difference? The real question is about you, right? Whether this is actually dangerous?

Old 05-04-2017, 07:23 PM

102,195 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Easily go missing? Where is the event--Turkey? India? Vegas?

Everyone's overnighting on the bus? Sorry, more info needed. How could she be concerned about your not providing any supply to her, when you're only going to be a way for a day or a weekend?

So much about your post needs to be clarified.

Old 05-05-2017, 08:08 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,274,049 times
Your mama loves you...she's concerned..probably nothing would ever happen, but worrying about our child's welfare is something a caring mom will do.

Old 05-05-2017, 08:56 AM

3,299 posts, read 3,023,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Your mama loves you...she's concerned..probably nothing would ever happen, but worrying about our child's welfare is something a caring mom will do.
That is true for a mentally healthy mom, but the OP already said her mom is a covert narcissist. Narcissists really do not care about others, even their own children. It's a different paradigm.

Old 05-05-2017, 08:59 AM

3,299 posts, read 3,023,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thzodiac View Post

I would understand this concern more if you were a high school student taking a bus to Miami for spring break, but if you are mature enough to have a security job and you know not to walk off with strangers, how in this scenario could you just go missing? I would think that a bus full of security personnel would be a pretty safe place to be. Is the event itself hazardous?

Old 10-19-2018, 12:26 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,274,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irootoo View Post
That is true for a mentally healthy mom, but the OP already said her mom is a covert narcissist. Narcissists really do not care about others, even their own children. It's a different paradigm.
True...but most kids label their parents with some derogatory name when they can't understand them.

Old 11-05-2018, 11:46 AM

19,613 posts, read 12,212,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Easily go missing? Where is the event--Turkey? India? Vegas?

Everyone's overnighting on the bus? Sorry, more info needed. How could she be concerned about your not providing any supply to her, when you're only going to be a way for a day or a weekend?

So much about your post needs to be clarified.
It starts with one night away. It is the beginning of independence. Narc parents hate that. They come up with all kinds of horrible scenarios that will happen if you leave whether for a night or moving to another place.

Old 11-05-2018, 07:36 PM

4,295 posts, read 2,763,834 times
I would not want my child sleeping on a bus, either.

Old 11-08-2018, 09:50 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,644,169 times
My mother didn't want me to ski, inline skate, go deep sea fishing, even sit downtown at a coffee shop (said it made me look cheap).

I did it all anyway.

She got over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health