Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 05:55 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,654,555 times

Advertisements

I am starting this as a way for people to share tips, tricks, ideas on what to do to bolster your mood - every day things that just make you feel better. If no one else contributes, I will just add to it - I hope others will share because I love reading what people do to feel better or to take good care of themselves.

Here's what I did today that helped my mental health:

1) I got a really cute flower bouquet
2) I took my dog for a walk on the beach - it is a gorgeous day
3) I did a lot of stuff on my list - laundry, filing, dishes, organizing, planning, etc.
4) I sent a care package to a friend
5) I appreciated all of the beauty in my environment and paid particular attention to what I can see from the chair I sit in - I got some more ideas on how to beautify what I see from out of my window
6) I cooked something I like for lunch
7) I used particular essential oils to boost my mood
8) I am going to have a nice dinner and take my supplements!

It has been a good day.

How about you? What did you do for yourself today that improved your mental health?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2018, 05:58 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,358 times
Went for a walk today.

Kept a smile on my face, said hello to passing strangers.

Enjoyed the weather.

Felt grateful to be mobile and on my own.

Old 10-22-2018, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
Went for a walk today.

Kept a smile on my face, said hello to passing strangers.

Enjoyed the weather.

Felt grateful to be mobile and on my own.
Yes, the smile is everything! I share your gratitude. I was able to walk further than I have been walking and felt so grateful that I am healthy and mobile!

Old 10-22-2018, 06:05 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,979,734 times
I like this thread, hope it takes off.

Mine for today:
1) Husband and I rearranged our bedroom, took some old shelving down and put unused things away. Then we hid all the computer and TV cords out of sight. Now the room looks clean and uncluttered, minimally decorated, a very nice improvement.
2) We went outside and stacked firewood in the sunshine.
3) We walked through the garden and admired the fall colors.
4) I made several pendants out of some beautiful stones I've had sitting around for ages.

Old 10-22-2018, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post
I like this thread, hope it takes off.

Mine for today:
1) Husband and I rearranged our bedroom, took some old shelving down and put unused things away. Then we hid all the computer and TV cords out of sight. Now the room looks clean and uncluttered, minimally decorated, a very nice improvement.
2) We went outside and stacked firewood in the sunshine.
3) We walked through the garden and admired the fall colors.
4) I made several pendants out of some beautiful stones I've had sitting around for ages.
Awesome. Do you do wire wrapping? I tried it, but my wrapping skills need improvement.

Old 10-22-2018, 06:31 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,760,060 times
Well, first I'll say what others did for me:

My sweet neighbor surprised me with a stuffed red pepper she had just taken out of the oven.

My dear guy helper took out recycle stuff. I'm so thankful I have these people in my life.

Earlier today, talked to two alternative friends about some supplements we take and needed to share some info.

It's been a good day and listening to NPR.

Good thread N.B.

Old 10-22-2018, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Awesome. Do you do wire wrapping? I tried it, but my wrapping skills need improvement.

Yes, I do wire wrapping. It does take a bit of practice, that's for sure. I don't like the heady wraps, prefer a simpler style. Love sawing silver sheet as well, and beads...I have so many beads, but I always need more.

Old 10-23-2018, 07:59 AM

1,183 posts, read 708,421 times
This is a good thread. Akin to a gratitude journal.

Taking care of mental health is as important as taking care of physical health. We each have our own ways to do both.

Old 10-23-2018, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post
Yes, I do wire wrapping. It does take a bit of practice, that's for sure. I don't like the heady wraps, prefer a simpler style. Love sawing silver sheet as well, and beads...I have so many beads, but I always need more.
I would need to take a class. I created several "specimens" that are less than professional looking. It is a nice hobby, you just have to know what you're doing. I watched YouTube vids, etc., but need some hands-on training. Good for you. Post pics?

Adding onto yesterday: When I went on my beach walk, I took a couple of pics, which I then posted on FB. They are really beautiful, which says everything about what I was pointing and shooting at (the ocean). It cheers me up to see beauty and to see BLUE . . . I love the ocean . . . and the negative ions don't hurt, either.

Old 10-23-2018, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
I would need to take a class. I created several "specimens" that are less than professional looking. It is a nice hobby, you just have to know what you're doing. I watched YouTube vids, etc., but need some hands-on training. Good for you. Post pics?

Adding onto yesterday: When I went on my beach walk, I took a couple of pics, which I then posted on FB. They are really beautiful, which says everything about what I was pointing and shooting at (the ocean). It cheers me up to see beauty and to see BLUE . . . I love the ocean . . . and the negative ions don't hurt, either.
I took some professional classes for jewelry making, but I think learning on youtube is fine, and there are some very good teachers on youtube. I don't have any pictures stored online anymore, I think my photobucket albums are probably dead, haven't used them in years.

Taking photos of things that cheer you up is wonderful, keep it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health