Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2018, 12:16 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times

Advertisements

Inositol | Mental Health America
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2018, 01:04 PM

Just posted this one in another area for a member who thought she was having Heart Attack and it was Panic Attack. I had what I thought was H.A. in 2005 and it turned out that it was P.A. and have been working with Inositol since then, 2005, and no issues since.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...panic-disorder

No doctor here but I love discovering ways to support my health.

Old 11-30-2018, 10:31 AM

50,717 posts, read 36,411,320 times
I tried that several years ago, but it didn’t feel like it was doing anything after a couple of months of using the powder. I keep looking for supplements that work, tried so many natural things for ADD, anxiety that had glowing reviews, but always end up disappointed. Trying something called a Lithium Orotate now for obsessive worries/ anxiety, we will see.

Old 12-02-2018, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I tried that several years ago, but it didn’t feel like it was doing anything after a couple of months of using the powder. I keep looking for supplements that work, tried so many natural things for ADD, anxiety that had glowing reviews, but always end up disappointed. Trying something called a Lithium Orotate now for obsessive worries/ anxiety, we will see.
Obsessive worries, get into some quality talk therapy. Worry continually does nothing but feed worry.

So much we can control and need to let go of so much not in our control...and there is a lot to let go.

Seek out study groups or centers of Science of Mind...these principles changed my life and thinking in the 80's when I found SOM, or it found me, actually we found each other.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 12-02-2018 at 11:57 AM..

Old 12-02-2018, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Obsessive worries, get into some quality talk therapy. Worry continually does nothing but feed worry.

So much we can control and need to let go of so much not in our control...and there is a lot to let go.

Seek out study groups or centers of Science of Mind...these principles changed my life and thinking in the 80's when I found SOM, or it found me, actually we found each other.
I don't think it's just psychological. My whole family has varying degrees of OCD, mine is probably mildest, but I def think there's a chemical component to my thoughts.

Old 12-02-2018, 06:19 PM

Quote:
I don't think it's just psychological. My whole family has varying degrees of OCD, mine is probably mildest, but I def think there's a chemical component to my thoughts.
Well, yes, it can be more than one thing, but we can make changes, and talking with a qualified therapist or doing other self help books, lectures, etc etc...is something we can do, I did them in my long life. To continue to carry so much "c**p" around, why? And to continue to blame genetics....I could do that too but gotta let go of some history. Break the cycle.

And there is more than just Inositol to look at. This was just one thing I thought of.

Old 12-02-2018, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Well, yes, it can be more than one thing, but we can make changes, and talking with a qualified therapist or doing other self help books, lectures, etc etc...is something we can do, I did them in my long life. To continue to carry so much "c**p" around, why? And to continue to blame genetics....I could do that too but gotta let go of some history. Break the cycle.

And there is more than just Inositol to look at. This was just one thing I thought of.
Yes, I have had counseling and also many alternatives from transformational breathing to body work, etc. I was exactly the same as a little kid, always in my head, always worried. Feel free if you want to make any more supplement suggestions.

Old 12-02-2018, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Yes, I have had counseling and also many alternatives from transformational breathing to body work, etc. I was exactly the same as a little kid, always in my head, always worried. Feel free if you want to make any more supplement suggestions.
Worry is the #1 thing so many are good at doing and so so often what one worrys about never comes to pass, I've been down the road for a lot of my years. Karma seems to play into our lives, I believe this, and doing good and being some service to others always makes one feel good, it has for me. Now I have some friends helping me since I don't get around like I did most of my years, and they help me with smiles and willingness. Makes them feel good.

Are you certain your thyroid is optimally functioning and good on Vit D3 levels?

A friend likes L Theanine, and here is a link discussing it's value. I used it yrs ago but not recently, it's sold everywhere supplements are sold.

https://liftmode.com/blog/l-theanine-benefits/

Last edited by jaminhealth; 12-02-2018 at 11:02 PM..

Old 12-03-2018, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Worry is the #1 thing so many are good at doing and so so often what one worrys about never comes to pass, I've been down the road for a lot of my years. Karma seems to play into our lives, I believe this, and doing good and being some service to others always makes one feel good, it has for me. Now I have some friends helping me since I don't get around like I did most of my years, and they help me with smiles and willingness. Makes them feel good.

Are you certain your thyroid is optimally functioning and good on Vit D3 levels?

A friend likes L Theanine, and here is a link discussing it's value. I used it yrs ago but not recently, it's sold everywhere supplements are sold.

https://liftmode.com/blog/l-theanine-benefits/
Yes labs are fine. But again I was born this way, grew up with people who are this way, so I don’t think it’s about a lab test. I’ll look into that. Trying the lithium oritate first it’s been about 2 weeks so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health