Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2019, 12:39 AM

2 posts, read 730 times

Advertisements

Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) is the most widely-used therapy for anxiety disorders. Research has shown it to be effective in the treatment of the panic disorder, phobias, social anxiety disorder, and generalized anxiety disorder, among many other conditions.

CBT addresses negative patterns and distortions in the way we look at the world and ourselves.

Cognitive therapy examines how negative thoughts, or cognitions, contribute to anxiety.

Behavior therapy examines how you behave and react in situations that trigger anxiety.

I think this is best for anxiety treatment if someone doesn't get the provision of obtaining herbal which @QuakerBaker already mentioned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2019, 12:52 AM

9,446 posts, read 6,578,668 times
Vitamin D if you don't get regular sunlight.

Old 05-15-2020, 11:05 AM

11,019 posts, read 5,987,049 times
I would like to endorse what QuakerBaker has suggested in the OP.

I have another suggestion for the treatment of anxiety. As I suspected, Oolong tea would help because it contains theanine, as does green tea and any tea made from young leaves. Apparently, turkey is also rich in theanine.

The theanine form is L-theanine and can be purchased in concentrated form. It is an amino acid used by the brain to form a neurotransmitter (gamma aminobutyric acid) that calms the mind. Stress and/or digestive issues may cause a deficiency of this neurotransmitter. The great thing about it is that it is merely a natural nutrient used by the body and has zero side effects.

I know it works! My anxiety was going through the roof (life's circumstances which I won't go into here) and then I learned about the role of gamma aminobutyric acid in the neural synapses and sort out a means of boosting it. L-theanine was the answer. My sleep began to improve and my anxiety subsided.

I also started practicing mindfulness, something I would also recommend. I used it to get to sleep and to get back to sleep in the night (early hour waking was a problem) and as QuakerBaker mentions, sleep is important in managing anxiety.

Old 05-29-2020, 05:32 PM

6 posts, read 4,725 times
Motherwort tincture. I usually make my own.

If I am in acute state, I take it 3 times a day. If I am OK, I take it once before bed. I do that for 3-6 weeks.
Sometimes I rotate it with Valerian root.

Walking helps a lot.

Old 05-29-2020, 06:25 PM

3,438 posts, read 2,409,977 times
When I'm feeling a "general" anxiety I sing. Keeping my mind busy with lyrics and melody helps me not obsess about stress. If I try to be silent or meditate it just makes the anxiety worse.

Old 06-02-2020, 07:38 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
When I'm feeling a "general" anxiety I sing. Keeping my mind busy with lyrics and melody helps me not obsess about stress. If I try to be silent or meditate it just makes the anxiety worse.
When I try to sing it makes my anxiety worse!

But you are right, listening to music or 'playing it in my head' as I often do is a great help. Keeping one's mind busy in any way is beneficial, I find. Walking in the hills and forests is great. Keeping physically busy while at the same time, keeping one's mind busy is about optimum.

Many of us, I suspect, have a dysfunction of some kind which causes or aggravates our anxiety and/or depression. I suspect that in my case there is a digestive issue which somehow results in deficiencies of neurotransmitters among other things. I have found that multi-vitamins helped a lot. Now days I find that those two amino-acid supplements I take normalise my moods and that without any side effects which is awesome.

I am under quite a lot of stress at the moment like this covid thing has put me out of work, and yet I am coping quite fine. A few days ago it was my late son's birthday and as can be imagined, things like that still hit me hard (it was suicide). That's to be expected I should think. It's something I don't expect I will ever get over but I don't break apart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health