Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2020, 11:18 AM

5 posts, read 2,215 times

Advertisements

I'm 72 years old with an 11 year old dog and wanted to be a gypsy all my life. I have been suffering from depression for 17 years and I'm managing that and anxiety for god knows how long. I have no friends and no family to speak of. I hate where I'm living. I'm buying a house and have no equity and 8 weeping willow trees in my back yard which show I don't have any common since but my IQ is a little about average. There is no place I want to move to. I just want to get into my jeep and travel around the United States. My biggest fear is having anxiety attacks traveling. I have an income of $2,500 a month and I'm in no hurry to go from one place to another. Another big problem is I don't know how to make friends. I need a plan of attack and I'm not sure where to start?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2020, 12:25 PM

2,404 posts, read 1,576,810 times
human companionship seems to be the order of the day, not always easy but I would look for it

Old 02-06-2020, 01:04 PM

23,346 posts, read 18,916,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul70 View Post
I'm 72 years old with an 11 year old dog and wanted to be a gypsy all my life. I have been suffering from depression for 17 years and I'm managing that and anxiety for god knows how long. I have no friends and no family to speak of. I hate where I'm living. I'm buying a house and have no equity and 8 weeping willow trees in my back yard which show I don't have any common since but my IQ is a little about average. There is no place I want to move to. I just want to get into my jeep and travel around the United States. My biggest fear is having anxiety attacks traveling. I have an income of $2,500 a month and I'm in no hurry to go from one place to another. Another big problem is I don't know how to make friends. I need a plan of attack and I'm not sure where to start?
Based on what you wrote, I don't understand why you are buying the house! If all you want is to travel, and you hate where you live now, why not buy a nice RV and live in that? Or, what about leasing a condo/apartment that will have a lot of the maintenance/upkeep taken care of while you are traveling? It would be a lot easier to end a lease than to sell a house.

Last edited by Parnassia; 02-06-2020 at 02:28 PM..

Old 02-07-2020, 07:40 AM

5 posts, read 2,215 times
I don't understand why you are buying the house! If all you want is to travel, and you hate where you live now, why not buy a nice RV and live in that? Or, what about leasing a condo/apartment that will have a lot of the maintenance/upkeep taken care of while you are traveling? It would be a lot easier to end a lease than to sell a house.

I bought a house because I have no common since. Buying an RV might just be a good idea but I need to get rid of this house first. If buying an RV the average person and me couldn't afford a condo or apartment and RV together. The point of my post is to see the country and not be tied down to a house, condo, or apartment.

Old 02-09-2020, 03:59 PM

23,346 posts, read 18,916,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul70 View Post
I don't understand why you are buying the house! If all you want is to travel, and you hate where you live now, why not buy a nice RV and live in that? Or, what about leasing a condo/apartment that will have a lot of the maintenance/upkeep taken care of while you are traveling? It would be a lot easier to end a lease than to sell a house.

I bought a house because I have no common since. Buying an RV might just be a good idea but I need to get rid of this house first. If buying an RV the average person and me couldn't afford a condo or apartment and RV together. The point of my post is to see the country and not be tied down to a house, condo, or apartment.
Then you have your answer. Don't buy the house. Back out of it. Buy an RV instead. Can't help you with the common sense problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health