Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2019, 07:46 PM

4 posts, read 1,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
It depends on the situation. Not all anxiety-producing situations need to be dealt with head on right away and can safely be avoided. If a person hates public speaking and has no need to do public speaking for his job, there is no need to deal with the issue. It is the same with toxic individuals. If you have an acquaintance or family member you can easily avoid, by all means, do it!
agreed. also there is a difference between anxiety and anxiety disorder. people seem to not realize this and it’s quite frustrating when you’re trying to explain your anxiety disorders and a person tries to relate it with their regular anxiety. there is a huge difference and one is very severe and needs to be dealt with, whether that be via medication, therapy, a combo of both, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2019, 09:55 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,577,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwish View Post
agreed. also there is a difference between anxiety and anxiety disorder. people seem to not realize this and it’s quite frustrating when you’re trying to explain your anxiety disorders and a person tries to relate it with their regular anxiety. there is a huge difference and one is very severe and needs to be dealt with, whether that be via medication, therapy, a combo of both, etc.

Yes & the difference is that everybody feels anxiety sometimes.....in certain conditions. Anxiety disorder tho is a diagnosis when somebody feels excessive anxiety.....even for no reason.....& it affects their life. That's when you know there needs to be an intervention of some kind by seeing a doctor & getting treatment.......so that you can function "normally"........

Too many are on anxiety meds IMO for just "regular anxiety" tho.........

Old 12-17-2019, 04:03 PM

1,304 posts, read 855,271 times
I also used to wake up at 3 a.m. with terrible panic attacks....my entire body would be shaking so hard, I thought I would fall out of bed! The only thing I found that helped was counting breaths....it sounds ridiculously simple, but for me, at least, it worked. I think it helps slow the breathing and eventually your body will relax. I sometimes got up over 500 breaths, and often found my thoughts going back into panic mode, but just redirected them back to the counting. Also, avoid Starbucks....and other heavy doses of caffeine.....I still wake up at 3 a.m. if I have too much, but more regular insomnia, rather than panic. Hope you find something that works. Panic attacks suck!

Old 12-18-2019, 03:51 AM

164 posts, read 127,286 times
Hi,
Here are some ways which help to reduce anxiety naturally:
1. Do Exercise
2. Meditation
3. Aromatherapy
4. Herbal supplements

Hope, it will help you.

Thanks.

Old 12-18-2019, 05:33 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,187,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
The best way to deal with any anxious situation is to face it head on and deal with the problem right away. This is true for any stressful situation. Putting the problem off will only make you more anxious and cause undue stress, and if you times that by how ever many anxious situations you have to deal with everyday it's easy to see why people get sick over it.

Anxiety is a new buzzword for nearly every mental health issue, but everyone has anxiety. How you deal with it is what makes or breaks you.
My own experience in life inclines me to draw a line between anxiety - even that which tends toward the habitual - and the terrifying sense distortions and overpowering uproar of a panic attack.

Not knowing which the OP is asking about makes a response difficult.

Old 12-20-2019, 05:45 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,699,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn hunter View Post
I also used to wake up at 3 a.m. with terrible panic attacks....my entire body would be shaking so hard, I thought I would fall out of bed! The only thing I found that helped was counting breaths....it sounds ridiculously simple, but for me, at least, it worked. I think it helps slow the breathing and eventually your body will relax. I sometimes got up over 500 breaths, and often found my thoughts going back into panic mode, but just redirected them back to the counting. Also, avoid Starbucks....and other heavy doses of caffeine.....I still wake up at 3 a.m. if I have too much, but more regular insomnia, rather than panic. Hope you find something that works. Panic attacks suck!
Try this as it works for me.

When the attack happens get out of bed and get on all fours and put your head down to get some blood flowing into it. In my case the attack is usually gone within 1-2 seconds about 99% of the time.

Old 12-20-2019, 06:55 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,649,676 times
In legal states, microdosing edibles can be a lifesaver
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health