Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2019, 02:37 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,792,661 times

Advertisements

I would enjoy CD's input.

My brother's wife at one point was quite the woman..amazingly caring, never badmouth anyone, greatest mother on this side of the hemisphere and quite the companion for my brother. Unfortunately, after nursing school she began to battle (what appears to be bouts) between hypochondriac and Munchausen and depression?

They've traversed a rough patch or two and appeared to being flying high.

Very recently he discovered she has a podcast for nearly 4 months; grossly, she's bashing/degrading him as being non-supportive of her many alignments (which fortunately have come back as false via physician e.g. cancer, arthritis in her spine wrist etc, and auditory processing).

Thanksgiving weekend we met up to enjoy beverages with his [bestfriend] neighbor and wife a much older couple (early 60s) and she cautiously hands my brother her phone and ask if everything is okay and points to a FB post from his wife.

I couldn't be more flabbergasted.

Fast forward to Christmas Eve and we're visiting family abroad. Everyone's exchanging pleasantries and inquiries of my brother; my step-brother says hows he doing? Didnt he have a divorce?

Perplexed, we're like no everything's well. My Stepbrother goes on to Express why he believed they were divorced or going through a divorce and it stems from her FB postings. Rants apparently that have been going on for quite some time.

He doesnt possess FB nor social media thus had no clue.

Confronted about them she state she's making general commentary and insightful information to the public about various disorders. She states she merely presenting general scenarios yet, 20/50 podcast reference my brother and our discussion(s) inaccurately.

She refuses to take them down because she receives attention and believes she's aiding others; which would be quite possible. He ask that she changes the names of her characters, her name on the podcast, as the information is misleading and inaccurate.

I'm quite alarmed and what like to know if anyone has seen or heard of scenarios similar or common?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 12-29-2019 at 06:02 PM.. Reason: Moved thread and edited title for clarification.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2019, 02:45 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECFRCE View Post
I would enjoy CD's input.

My brother's wife at one point was quite the woman..amazingly caring, never badmouth anyone, greatest mother on this side of the hemisphere and quite the companion for my brother. Unfortunately, after nursing school she began to battle (what appears to be bouts) between hypochondriac and Munchausen and depression?

They've traversed a rough patch or two and appeared to being flying high.

Very recently he discovered she has a podcast for nearly 4 months; grossly, she's bashing/degrading him as being non-supportive of her many alignments (which fortunately have come back as false via physician e.g. cancer, arthritis in her spine wrist etc, and auditory processing).

Thanksgiving weekend we met up to enjoy beverages with his [bestfriend] neighbor and wife a much older couple (early 60s) and she cautiously hands my brother her phone and ask if everything is okay and points to a FB post from his wife.

I couldn't be more flabbergasted.

Fast forward to Christmas Eve and we're visiting family abroad. Everyone's exchanging pleasantries and inquiries of my brother; my step-brother says hows he doing? Didnt he have a divorce?

Perplexed, we're like no everything's well. My Stepbrother goes on to Express why he believed they were divorced or going through a divorce and it stems from her FB postings. Rants apparently that have been going on for quite some time.

He doesnt possess FB nor social media thus had no clue.

Confronted about them she state she's making general commentary and insightful information to the public about various disorders. She states she merely presenting general scenarios yet, 20/50 podcast reference my brother and our discussion(s) inaccurately.

She refuses to take them down because she receives attention and believes she's aiding others; which would be quite possible. He ask that she changes the names of her characters, her name on the podcast, as the information is misleading and inaccurate.

I'm quite alarmed and what like to know if anyone has seen or heard of scenarios similar or common?
I have never heard of anyone else doing this. It sounds like she's forsaking her marriage for attention. It's not good.

All the ingredients for a blow-up are there: secrecy, betrayal, disrespect, self-centeredness.

It won't end well.

Old 12-29-2019, 03:04 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,355,291 times
A woman I worked with, years ago, told everyone that her husband had cancer and likely would not make it. Coworkers were VERY supportive of her. We gave her many, many of our sick, vacation and personal-time hours we had accrued so she could go with her husband to chemo and doctor appointments and spend time with family and so on. People made her meals brought them to work to give to her. We supported her in other ways too, i.e., money. This went on for months and months.

Come to find out, her husband did not have cancer, was the picture of health and no idea his wife was carrying on the scheme. His reaction--DIVORCE. Smart man. He got full custody of the kids, too.

Old 12-29-2019, 03:19 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
How could she possibly really be helping people?

Old 12-29-2019, 04:07 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,385,776 times
Doesn't surprise me one bit. Some people are addicted to attention and some people aid and abeit by giving it.

Why I take trash talk about a spouse with a huge grain of salt and wonder what the other side of the story is.

Old 12-29-2019, 04:24 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
He should divorce her azz. The only reason why she's continuing with this charade is because she thinks he won't do a damn thing about it, nor will she suffer any consequence.

Old 12-29-2019, 04:27 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
She is suffering from mental illness, OP. Why has no one insisted she be evaluated?

My brother has a crazy wife too, so I know the deal.

Old 12-29-2019, 04:37 PM

1,185 posts, read 750,679 times
And he hasn’t left, why?

Old 12-29-2019, 04:57 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,792,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
She is suffering from mental illness, OP. Why has no one insisted she be evaluated?

My brother has a crazy wife too, so I know the deal.
From what I've gathered she has a couple of therapist, which is great.

She has mislead paid professional to believe she had specific ailments i.e. processing disorder, arthritis in her wrist (she wore a brace, received medicine, Physical therapy for 2 years) she had soo much pain in her wrist. New provider sends them to MDs and after evaluation and MRI- Dr. Says you have never had arthritis never once a word of pain nor murmur about arthritis. Same with two serious health issues.

Oddly the doctors overlooked something and apparently went off of her verbiage (she's a nurse).

The therapist believed my brother to be the issue as he's unemotional, he didnt cater to every hospital visit, etc etc. Granted I'm certain he earn his portion of the headache. He's not clear of the burden.

She's generally a great woman and my brother will never speak poorly of her because that's his wife and quite commendable on his behave.

Worst part she's alienated her friends, and both sides of the family. Most everyone prefers to steer clear of- either avoid possible tension, avoid him, certainly a weird ordeal.

She behaves as if it's normal and she did nothing slanderous or insulting.

Old 12-29-2019, 04:58 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECFRCE View Post

She's generally a great woman and my brother will never speak poorly of her because that's his wife and quite commendable on his behave.
LOL ok our definitions of a "great woman" differ.

No wonder she does it - he won't do anything about it. smh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health