Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2020, 01:17 PM

12,787 posts, read 15,014,175 times

Advertisements

Since COVID came onto the earth & we're (hopefully) getting used to a different way of living, what's been your focus these days as you live your life?

I'm hanging in there. Just been going to grocery stores, walking in the park, & going for drives really.

Going to try to make home as enjoyable & pleasant as possible since we're spending a LOT more time here. Ordered quite a bit these last few mos. Got a few kitchen tools since I'm cooking a LOT more. Got all new stuff for the bed...wish I could get a new mattress! And would like a new TV too, I'll see...

I'm doing more w/ my skincare than ever before, such as using skincare masks. My skin's looking better than it has in a long time.

My next new focus might be to start growing a vegetable or two...scallions &/or cilantro.

(I never suffered any depression, anxiety, or any other mental disorder, etc. ever.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2020, 01:32 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,226,741 times
My wife and I walk 3 to 6 miles every day. I have a suction cup picker that I use it to pick up garbage and we carry a plastic bag to put the garbage in. We fill a bag virtually every day.

We are also doing some renovations on our house, new siding, painting, straightening up my shop. It's easy for us to socially distance and we carry masks with us at all time.

We also both play guitar and are learning to play duets together.

Our life is full enough to satisfy us.

Last edited by Willamette City; 07-19-2020 at 02:01 PM..

Old 07-19-2020, 01:34 PM

23,346 posts, read 18,930,669 times
Focus? Nothing related to Covid-19 other than awareness of logistical details that might be affected by it. Getting a house ready to sell and selling it. Planning a new garage build and building it. Staying in touch with the people I always stay in touch with...the method just changed a little. Doing the things I always do, again, the methods may have changed a bit. All things that would have happened whether a pandemic showed up or not. Care about the things and people I've always cared about, not turned inward to focus on myself. No more me, me, me, me than usual hopefully. I value the ability to flex when flex seems to be called for and carry on in general.

Last edited by Parnassia; 07-19-2020 at 02:58 PM..

Old 07-24-2020, 03:13 PM

213 posts, read 132,416 times
I've been eating less frequently than I used to and I don't really have much an appetite anymore. I skip breakfast, eat a decent sized lunch around 2 PM rich in fats and protein, limit sugar and carbs. Then I don't get hungry at all until about 9-11 PM. I've been feeling and looking better. The fiancé and I have lost a significant amount of weight in the past couple of months. I guess the low stress has helped us get healthier, and enjoy more time outside and together.
Also I'm trying to save money for a future trip once all this lockdown bs is over.

Old 07-24-2020, 05:48 PM

12,787 posts, read 15,014,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AloePurell View Post
I've been eating less frequently than I used to and I don't really have much an appetite anymore. I skip breakfast, eat a decent sized lunch around 2 PM rich in fats and protein, limit sugar and carbs. Then I don't get hungry at all until about 9-11 PM. I've been feeling and looking better. The fiancé and I have lost a significant amount of weight in the past couple of months. I guess the low stress has helped us get healthier, and enjoy more time outside and together.
Also I'm trying to save money for a future trip once all this lockdown bs is over.

Sounds good & that's great that you're not stressed! We're at a minimum stress level ourselves too.

Yeah, I was never really a breakfast person & for yrs never ate breakfast. These days I'll eat breakfast sometimes & then an early dinner like during the 3 or 4pm hour.

Old 08-04-2020, 07:34 PM

521 posts, read 293,307 times
I lost focus completely. Can't focus on anything. I eat more due to stress. I keep thinking about the future
I spend HOURS on zillow.com every single day. I can't afford a house but I can't stop

Old 08-04-2020, 07:40 PM

3,206 posts, read 2,491,793 times
Our home business has increased as it is recreation based. Our garden output is bountiful so we eat many veggies, sell some and give some to my mom and our daughter. We are planning a several month camping trip this fall so are getting ideas and preparing. The biggest current focus is our new roof. It is being done this week so we we and the dogs hide out in the cabin or take a walk.

I wish everyone good health and stay safe.

Old 08-04-2020, 11:22 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,226,741 times
Filled 7 contractors bags with asbestos shingles. Hauled the shingles to the "Special" landfill that takes toxic crap.
Installed 4' X 8' T1-11 siding. Started painting. It's enough to keep us occupied for now.

Plus, I read a lot of City-Data.

Old 08-07-2020, 10:36 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,752,495 times
In the spring it was planting and growing my vegetable garden.

Now it's working on my tan.

Old 08-07-2020, 10:45 AM

8,620 posts, read 5,663,044 times
I have been busier than usual managing a corporate property. I am also, FINALLY, on the home stretch of my web site creation, which is a major accomplishment, as it will give me a base for my blogs, and a specific direction.

I still have a lot of downsizing and organizing to do (basement, shed, storage unit). I need help with this and hopefully will have it and be motivated to let go of some stuff.

I have to make some changes to my trust, which I am resisting, as I have made too many changes in the past. This weighs heavily on me, but I am putting it at the end of my list right now.

I want to create an art shed, but need someone to build it for me. I will try again to find the right person, but this has slipped down on the list.

I am recovering from an ongoing trauma (around ten years for the worst of it, so far) - I am much healthier than I was two years ago. My hair grew back and I am not crying 24/7.

I've made some progress during the pandemic, and I am feeling pretty good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health