Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2022, 04:22 AM

73 posts, read 73,330 times

Advertisements

I have had high blood pressure ever since I was in my 20's.
Sometimes, I become 20 lbs overweight and all I want is Bed, TV and food and its all the time! And, have zero enthusiasm for life. As a result, my blood pressure will start creeping up high and I wont feel good at all. Because I want to live and feel good, this usually triggers an exercise routine and I start exercising again and I'll get in really good shape. This usually brings my BP down to normal and equates to me not being overweight and having lots of enthusiasm for life. I'll get a girlfriend and start enjoying life and people, etc.. I like the way I look. I see lots of opportunity and lots to be had.

This enthusiasm and good health usually lasts for 6 to 8 months and then I start slacking all over again and all I want is bed and TV and food... I go back to staying in a lot and shutting people out. Its like I get bored with the offering out there in the real world.

For the past 15 years I have experienced these ups and downs countless times.

Input?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2022, 12:27 PM

613 posts, read 1,022,718 times
Have you had a good physical recently? Maybe you have a metabolic illness or something treatable. (I have no idea what I'm talking about but I think it deserves close examination.) Good luck, sir.

Old 04-11-2022, 01:41 PM

23,496 posts, read 19,198,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sulvaterry View Post
I have had high blood pressure ever since I was in my 20's.
Sometimes, I become 20 lbs overweight and all I want is Bed, TV and food and its all the time! And, have zero enthusiasm for life. As a result, my blood pressure will start creeping up high and I wont feel good at all. Because I want to live and feel good, this usually triggers an exercise routine and I start exercising again and I'll get in really good shape. This usually brings my BP down to normal and equates to me not being overweight and having lots of enthusiasm for life. I'll get a girlfriend and start enjoying life and people, etc.. I like the way I look. I see lots of opportunity and lots to be had.

This enthusiasm and good health usually lasts for 6 to 8 months and then I start slacking all over again and all I want is bed and TV and food... I go back to staying in a lot and shutting people out. Its like I get bored with the offering out there in the real world.

For the past 15 years I have experienced these ups and downs countless times.

Input?
Sounds as if you know your pattern. Well, that's useful information. Learn how to use it. Maybe you need to figure out what the earliest signs are that a "backslide" cycle is beginning and take action then, not wait for it to fully develop. It could be complacency. There are probably specific triggers that disrupt the up cycle in favor of the down cycle. Figure out what they are. Self awareness. They might be subtle. It could be some recurring negative event...physical or emotional. Maybe a counselor could help you tease out what those trigger(s) are. We can be so blind to ourselves because we're too close to whatever the problem is. A counselor is more impartial and can see patterns/habits of thinking we don't. A pair of fresh, but educated eyes as it were.

Last edited by Parnassia; 04-11-2022 at 01:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health