Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2022, 01:21 AM

5 posts, read 3,233 times

Advertisements

It's been very difficult to reclaim confidence following the (seemingly ongoing) quarantimes. Over the past 2 years, many friendships have faltered, work relationships seem as fleeting as Zoom check-ins and even my fellowship groupmates seem like a mirage. I'm posting here to seek out some confidence building advice, opportunities, or just a genuine connection to shake me from an absurdly existential rut as I consider a critical junction in my career/studies.

I'm a ceaseless city explorer, avid reader with an inquisitive mind, and a bit of a creative. I've worked for think tanks, museums, universities, and investor teams. Soon I'll claim my first degree after a false start or two. Now I am seeking out a position in shareholder advocacy on human rights, environmental due diligence, and good governance with experience and academic grounding in the field. May be I want to get another degree or explore career in immigration assistance and reform or electoral policy. Right now the possibilities of enacting change from within corporative structures intrigues me a lot and my work experience encourages me to surge ahead on that path.

I generally lack social connections with whom I can articulate these ambitions and interests, explore wild ideas and even more mundane but still impactful possibilities. I'd love to learn about what you do for work, for fun, for enrichment, for the community, for family. I'd love to hear about how you gained your confidence, seized an opportunity, discovered potential, sustained your hopes or dreams. Perhaps by posting this I can make a connection or learn something new, so please forgive this rather self-centered post. My email is alix.soma@gmail.com if interested in chatting rather than responding to this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2022, 03:01 AM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times
My mom would say "Worries are the work of the devil".
I heeded the advice. I worked and kept busy my whole
life while trying to make sense of it at the same time.
Guess what ? Still can't find an answer but I did find
while muddling thru it that the hard work was the only
thing that paid off.

Best Wishes..............

Old 05-24-2022, 07:30 AM

16,910 posts, read 10,582,210 times
City Data recommends against posting your email address. Let me know if you want it removed
Moderators for US and World Forums
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health