Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 05:43 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,682,605 times

Advertisements

Buy more tinfoil. Then use the empty carton to smack him upside the head. Repeat as needed. Line with a brick if an extra dose of knowledge is needed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2011, 06:50 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,201,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetlove View Post
My husband is the same exact way....chemtrails, conspiracy, american slavery, the Rothschild family, population control....some of it makes sense, much of it is wild. I like to learn and be in the "know" myself.... But one must have a balance, control, and Social etiquitte with these topics, especially if he's a family man.
I am sorry but your Husbands mental illness is much more than that of being a common conspiracy kook. Since he will not take medication or treatment for his condition you need to protect yourself. It has gone beyond in sickness and in health. From your description there is actual danger for you and you child. You need to get out.

I suggest you consult with a mental health care professional for yourself and forge a new life. It sounds very sad but those with serious mental illness are mostly impossible to deal with. It is a shame our society eliminated mental institutions and have instead left the mental ill mostly out in the streets to both victimize and become victims.

Old 02-26-2011, 06:53 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,415,797 times
Just cause a person is paranoid doen't mean people aren't out to get him.

Seriously, schizophrenia is a one way trip and its not to a good destination. Nothing works. They just get worse and more dangerous. If have a real schizophrenic, do what you can for him, but move on.

Old 02-26-2011, 07:58 AM

1,543 posts, read 2,991,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
I'm trying not to laugh because it sounds like your husband is a little obsessed. I don't think he's paranoid, he's just gotten hooked on reading about conspiracy theories to the point that he's probably starting to believe them.

My suggestion is to ask him to ease off on his studies and try to find something more productive to do with his time. I'm not sure sending him to a therapist would help. Might make things worse.
Whatever advice you choose to listen to. DO NOT LISTEN TO THE SECRET AGENT!!

Old 02-26-2011, 08:03 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,715,235 times
All joking aside, dealing with paranoia in your spouse is an awful way to live. These type of mental health issues have a tendency to escalate into violence, whether it's a confrontation with the Police or physical violence from the mentally ill person.

Planetlove, I agree with Matt, seek some professional help and consider starting your life over without your husband. You can't help him and he is on the road to completely destroying your family.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:51 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,682,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
All joking aside, dealing with paranoia in your spouse is an awful way to live. These type of mental health issues have a tendency to escalate into violence, whether it's a confrontation with the Police or physical violence from the mentally ill person.

Planetlove, I agree with Matt, seek some professional help and consider starting your life over without your husband. You can't help him and he is on the road to completely destroying your family.
You and matt are right on. Excellent points.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:14 AM

874 posts, read 1,645,267 times
Wow, he seems paranoid and crazy lol Try to talk to him about his problem. When he said something about the government spraying chemicals in the air to control us, I laughed out loud.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:17 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,465,163 times
Well, he really needs help and unless he harms himself, you or the children, there's nothing you can do.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:52 AM

13,513 posts, read 19,235,612 times
Maybe they're not conspirecys, but uncovered truths that he is finally becoming aware of...maybe he just wants to be informed about what is actually going on around him...he's broadening his wealth of knowledge....I wouldn't worry about it, unless of course it starts to interfere with his abilities to be a good dad and husband.

Old 03-05-2011, 09:09 PM

90 posts, read 321,286 times
An issue to wrestle with is how much this interferes with other aspects/domains of life. Obsessions typically wind one up and compulsions unwind. The way its been described, this man is not unwinding. Given what's been described, it sounds like a delusional disorder. As has been stated, these thoughts and behaviors are typically fixed and rigid. No argument or web-site will convince him otherwise what he's reading is not accurate. A short-term administration of medication may provide great relief. This is typically attempted with an ultimatum. The strange thing is, these persons are not a danger to themselves or others, so a psych admit is not usually in the offing as an option of ultimatum. Some persons learn to live with it and follow a different path in life (partners of affected spouses) but that's not recommended in every situation. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health