Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 08:34 PM

2 posts, read 8,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicBoxBallerina74 View Post
Does anyone besides myself have a mushroom phobia? I'm scared to death of those gross things. Wild ones are the worst. I guess it's a rare phobia. I have had this all my life.
Oddly im afraid of them too...... i would run and scream if i go near one... idk why this is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 01:47 PM

1 posts, read 4,103 times
I'm so glad that I've found someone else with the same Phobia as me. I have had the phobia since I was a child and its getting worse as I get older. My fear of Mushrooms is so bad that if I go walking and see one I can't breath, go dizzy and and become very close to passing out. Whats weird is that it also makes my fingers tingle and I feel the need to cover my neck!!!! very strange I know.....

My worst fear is standing or fallen into a patch of them. I don't know what to do to get over this irrational phobia, even writing this is making me short of breath. Its really effecting me as I love being in the out doors but I'm petrified! :-(

Old 05-14-2011, 02:55 AM

1 posts, read 4,004 times
Default Mushrooms

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicBoxBallerina74 View Post
Thanks for the replies. My fear is so bad that I don't even like to look at pictures of them. I remember being scared to death to go outside to play if one was in the yard. The bigger they are and the more there are the worse the fear. I've heard of people having crazy fears over stuff like peaches, pickles, even cotton balls but never mushrooms. They look nasty and weird to me. I don't recall anything tragic in my childhood over mushrooms I'm just scared to death of them. And yes I don't even like the ones in the grocery store but the ones that grow in the wild I can't even deal with the thought of them. My worst fear is one or more growing in my yard. When I go outside I scan the yard to see if any are around! LOL!!!!!!!! I'm sorry, this just sounds so crazy when I think about it. But it's not when I see one and my heart starts beating really fast and this wave of fear just comes over me. I know they can't hurt me. That's the weird thing. I was wondering if anyone else had this phobia and how do you deal with it? Do they grow in the desert? I live in NorCal and they do here in the mountains and along coast. Running away from my fears I guess.

I am a 38 year old man from london , who does a mans job on the oil rigs and fears nothing - Except mushrooms , I am uncomfortable even thinking now , they scare the life out of me . I have worked all over the world , been in some very risky places , but nothing fills me with fear like the mushroom - so your very much not alone

Old 05-04-2012, 03:36 PM

1 posts, read 3,831 times
i saw a man he had a long bread and.... Mushrooms growing on his face (by the beard) there were big not the one's you see on google imiges (type mushrooms on skin) the red skin and mushroom that star to grow it was yellow big mushrooms... Lots!!!! It happed today and im scared to death i didn't eat my dinner i see mushroom every were even on my pet ratties i feel like i have them in my mouth ! I never liked mushrooms but i loved (when i was 4-7 im 12 now) looking fir wild ones and sqizing them with my foot and last time i nearly steped in huges ones now i kno they there and im not comming that way home ever again ! Tomorrow im tiding up everything cuz i dont want mushrooms o.O helppppppp

Old 04-18-2013, 08:14 PM

2 posts, read 7,380 times
I know exactly how you feel to the point I thought I was reading something I wrote myself. The bad thing is I woke up this morning to get ready for work and look outside in my front yard I saw two growing there. I prayed I was just not seeing what I thought so I went back up stairs, heart beating like a rabbit, and got ready for work. Went back downstairs to lock up and leave checked out the window again, so scared to look out one more time to see I was just tired or sleepy or something. No still there, by now I am in full I think I am going to die mode. I get in my car back out the garage get to the end of my driveway trying with everything in me not to look, no luck, I looked. You would have thought someone was about to shoot me in the face and I am balling out of control, sweating like crazy, I don't sweat, panicking more and more every millisecond, trying not to wreck my car and get away as fast as possible. I get around the corner pull to the side of the road to text my landscaper to get them out of the yard before I get off work this evening. He text me back Saturday he will be over to take care of them, I read the words with fear and anger building with every word. I have called everyone I know no one can help me. So I have been just trembling in my bedroom, once I was able to get my car back in the garage with my eyes closed or looking up, crying and trying to find out online why I have this fear. I hate it so much I can't express it in mere words. This would be enough but I have other phobias too spiders, all insects even butterflies, plus others. Anyway, I can go on forever I talk a lot when I am scared, sorry. Thank you for letting me know I am not alone. This really sucks!!

Last edited by Whymewhynow??!!; 04-18-2013 at 08:24 PM.. Reason: Typing too fast out of fear making typos.

Old 04-18-2013, 08:35 PM

2 posts, read 7,380 times
Oh, yeah. Think about this I am the only person I know that have this fear. We have been in our home over 8 years never seen one anywhere in the entire town and/or area I live in. Today my lawn has two, I look at every yard and field of grass in our town I am the only yard that has them. I think it is a sign to do something. What are the odds?? My lawn is keep to the T at all times but these things came out of nowhere. Like in the middle of the night I know I don't go out side but I check my lawn like me I have some form of OCD about minor things my home and lawn is two I must have trim and nice. OMG!! My son just called me to pick him up from work now. Why is this happening to me, I can't stop crying again. GOD please help me.

Old 04-26-2018, 01:02 AM

3 posts, read 10,335 times
I also have a fear of mushrooms. I cant stand to see them , I definately wont touch them . They scare the hell out of me. I have nightmare about them , breathing and chasing me. Its horrible. I dont know how this happened I was a small child, so I always feared them.

Old 04-26-2018, 01:13 AM

3 posts, read 10,335 times
Awe Im so sorry! You really have it bad but Im with you with the mushroom problem I also hate them. The grass they are everywhere I wont go without shoe my fear of stepping on one freaks me out. I will never touch one. When I go shopping I see them I so scared I try to go down the isle they are in cause I want something else my toes curl under cause I see them omg. I hate this why do we have these nasty thiing on our earth I cant stand it. My boyfriend know I hate them hes good about he wont eat them near me. I hate that he loves them ugh oh god why? I try not to tell people only a few know.

Old 04-26-2018, 08:45 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,859,243 times
Don't feel bad...

I know someone who can't let anything hot touch her lips....one who won't let water rush over her face in shower...etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health