Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 03:47 AM

9 posts, read 22,558 times

Advertisements

ive lost all motivation and care for most things in my life, i help others through all theyre struggles,give my closest friends love and trust, but at the end of the day nearly all of them use me, my closest friend through me to the side like i was nothing, i knew it would happen but i didnt wanna face it, i ve been feeling empty inside for nearly 2 months now and its only getting worse any advice?plz it would be much appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 04:37 AM

50,330 posts, read 63,895,871 times
Sounds as though you need a physical checkup, and to be evaluated for depression. Don't put it off. Put yourself first. Perhaps those who reject you do not deserve your friendship.
If this is not the problem, perhaps you are suffering from the winter blahs that will pass when the sun starts shining again.

Old 02-20-2009, 11:24 PM

904 posts, read 687,439 times
Start with some fresh air and exercise, it is not unusual to go through sunshine and activity withdrawls at the end of summer and fall.

Breathing exercises and some form of light exercise, stretching and meditation, still time and thoughts of hope and creativity will go a long way to mental health.

If you are a believer then you can focus your attention of gratitude and spiritual growth.

Old 02-21-2009, 09:29 AM

1,104 posts, read 3,701,234 times
OP, how old are you? Any recent changes in your life? Whats your diet look like? Do you exercise? Does anyone in your family suffer from depression?

Its time to put YOU first. Would these same ppl you help be there for you? If your not sure you need to change your way of thinking.

Old 02-21-2009, 09:33 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,379,099 times
get counseling if directed do 12 step codependency meetings get a sponsor. but 1st see a counselor. google CODA.
dont try to fix this with a little CDF wont be enough.

Old 02-21-2009, 02:38 PM

2,222 posts, read 10,645,590 times
I hate to say it this way, but friends come and go for various reasons. Most people I know have lost friendships with those they cared about. And most really only have a few real friendships that last through the years. People change and so do their friends. It's always hard to lose a friend, but perhaps this means you or your friends are changing and moving on. It's quite normal.

But you do seem to be carrying some depression. I think the best thing you could do for yourself is get some fresh air and exercise. Get at least 20 minutes of sun per day. That will ward off the Winter blues. Change your diet and eat healthier. Don't drink alcohol. Join a club or find a hobby to meet others with the same interests you have.

Just a few suggestions to get you started. But if your depression is deeper and unending, then I suggest seeing a doctor to see if something is off with your body, such as hormone imbalance etc. I didn't notice if you are man or woman or your age. There could be other health reasons for your symptoms.

Add:
I noticed on another post of yours that you drink and get high. Alcohol and drugs will not help you and will only cause more problems. I also think I read something about a girlfriend. Is this what you are upset about?

Last edited by Beth56; 02-21-2009 at 02:42 PM.. Reason: to add a comment

Old 02-21-2009, 02:40 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,615,836 times
I find chocolate usually helps everything. Buy a whole box and indulge.

Old 02-22-2009, 07:06 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,987,564 times
You sound depressed. Talk to a doctor and see about some therapy. Do not settle for them just giving you a prescription--you need to talk to someone on a regular basis. Good luck!

Old 02-23-2009, 04:45 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,865,972 times
Default Has Anyone Ever Felt Empty Inside?

I think we as humans do share a lot of the same occasional sad feelings all for different reasons. It is how we handle these sad feelings that either makes or breaks us and you sounded very sad. I am older so of course I have had a lot of things happen to me in my 61 years not all of which have left me with a great feeling about my life in general. Here are some of them so by sharing, hopefully you will see that how you are feeling is not so out of the norm..unless it lasts a whole long time then that is another story.

I was married young, had a baby young and my husband at that time chased women, drank, did drugs, sold drugs, wouldn't work. I was VERY empty inside and felt unloved. Solution: LEFT HIM

I moved home to Connecticut now with an 11 year old son and had to work to take care of him, make new friends and in general become independent. It was scary and if I thought about it, I felt all alone. I reached out to my family who helped with my feeling lost and alone.

I remarried at age 41, my husband lived a year then died from a massive heart attack at age 42. I felt empty inside for a total of 6 years. During this time, I sought counseling which helped some, became involved in sports to work off the stress and again, made new friends.

If your friends are turning their backs on you then I guess they were not friends to begin with. Be more selective and careful when choosing friends and choose them for all the right reasons....personality, common likes and dislikes, stuff like that....compassion.

Bottom line, no one has EVER guaranteed us that this life was going to be perfect and that we were never going to hit any huge bumps as we go along. Heck, I just hit yet another bump in February of 2008 when I had to have open heart surgery due to an upper aortic aneurysm that I didn't know I had. I had quit smoking and thought I was Queen of Everything when I went for my physical that year. Hell, I quit smoking afterall. My doctor asked me if I had ever had chest pain, I said NO. Then she asked if I was ever short of breath, I said of course, I just quit smoking after 40+years. She ordered a chest x-ray and there it was an pretty good sized aneurysm. I was too bewildered to be scared and to angry to feel empty inside...I had this monster inside of me and needed to deal with it.

So......here I am...all recooperated finding friends on this forum and hoping that in the process I can help others like yourself.

Life goes on..........people **** you off......you get dumped on.......things don't always go right....that is how it is and if you think it should be otherwise or that it will, then you do need to talk with a professional. One day at a time and be thankful for what you have and not what you wish you could have.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:19 AM

2,788 posts, read 8,010,910 times
I feel that way many times due to a number of influences. My DH and I have no health insurance now and he apparently suffers from undiagnosed anxiety/depression. I have experienced several close family losses through the last three years and I'm still dealing with the grief.
Life seems to be continually coming at me like a brick wall though I know there are many others out there with things much worse. So I just keep on keeping on...believing that fate will supply me with some upturn to balance the lows, all the while determined to find inspiration and joy in all the little beauties of life continually manifest themselves ; a rosy sunrise, a baby, a spot of fresh earth, a laugh. Spring is coming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health