Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 08:20 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,166,056 times

Advertisements

OMG!! LMAO............you have got to be kidding me.. How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?

I think you need to chill just a tad. You over-exaggerate-much.
Here-read this and maybe eat a few bites of tuna so you can relax and maybe take a nap
http://www.nrdc.org/health/effects/mercury/tuna.asp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapalua View Post
TUNA FISH???? that is full of toxic mercury! They found out about Tune fish way back in the early 1970's that tuna fish is deterimental to your health. No wonder you go out like a like, nothing like mercury to poison you... uggghhhh! They have been saying for years to limit your intake of tuna and fish... but you notice they keep selling that toxc stuff, tell me when you get your first neurological disorders... mercury does not belong in human body,and it causes they myelin shealth in the brain to get dissolved, hate to see you get MS, Parknson disease and other problems. Some people I have noticed on this forum, you tell them what is bad and jst bebause they are not ill now, they will not listen to the experts.. oh well

Last edited by Élan vital; 03-30-2009 at 09:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 09:14 AM

2,178 posts, read 9,578,191 times
SSRI's do not help a rather large percentage of people and I find the doctors are to quick to want to put people on them.. Why not find the cause and fix that rather than medicate? BECAUSE THEY PROFIT! That is a long term solution to what probably is a short term problem. It could be any number of things including just noises during the night that disturb your sleep. Geez! Don't fall into that trap until you have exausted all other options.

I saw a new doctor back in October that had never seen me before, he walked into the room and handed me 2 packs of pills and told me I needed to start taking them immediately. I asked him what they were and what they were for.. SSRI's! I told him "NO WAY!".. I will NOT go back to see that one ever again. I was there for a PHYSICAL problem, not depression or anxiety and the fact that he didn't take time to even get to know me before giving me those really ticked me off. As the pharma commercials call them, they are only "perscribers" now.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:20 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,166,056 times
Oh ITA with ya Laura. the doctors nowadays hand SSRI's out like M&Ms
$hit will hit the fan soon enough when all the effects of them on innocent people come to light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura707 View Post
SSRI's do not help a rather large percentage of people and I find the doctors are to quick to want to put people on them.. Why not find the cause and fix that rather than medicate? BECAUSE THEY PROFIT! That is a long term solution to what probably is a short term problem. It could be any number of things including just noises during the night that disturb your sleep. Geez! Don't fall into that trap until you have exausted all other options.

I saw a new doctor back in October that had never seen me before, he walked into the room and handed me 2 packs of pills and told me I needed to start taking them immediately. I asked him what they were and what they were for.. SSRI's! I told him "NO WAY!".. I will NOT go back to see that one ever again. I was there for a PHYSICAL problem, not depression or anxiety and the fact that he didn't take time to even get to know me before giving me those really ticked me off. As the pharma commercials call them, they are only "perscribers" now.

Old 03-30-2009, 10:07 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,867,923 times
Default Disturbing Dreams

Lots of things can make you have whacky dreams. Take a look first at what medications you may be taking. You can go online, look up that medication and see what the side effects are. Some of them do cause vibrant dreams.

Next, take a look at what if anything you are consuming before you go to bed, how much coffee, soda or other cafinated stuff you might consume prior to bed. Now, don't laugh....if I eat a banana before bed it's "Welcome to Wild Kingdom in Dreamworld"....not fooling!

Ok...here is the ultimate guaranteed way to have the whackiest dreams ever. I took Chantix to quit smoking and not only were these dreams right out of the Wizard of Oz...the dang things were in color. I was suppose to take the Chantix for 12 weeks but only could manage 10 because of the dreams.

So, try keeping a log of what goes on during the day, what you are taking for meds, what you are consuming for food and drink and try to get some exercise as well. It may surprise you how well you will sleep after you see what is going on.

OH...........yes, I did quit smoking. Has been two years now. Good Luck

Old 03-30-2009, 11:10 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,832,394 times
Violent dreams can also be caused by living in a world full of idiots who need to be eliminated.

If you can’t do it, at least you can dream about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health