Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 04:20 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,790,136 times

Advertisements

What is everyone supposed to walk around like a pot stoned idiot all the time? Happy no matter what happened?

"Wow man, Mod cut: language happens, dude".

The next in a list of normal human reactions to be classified as a medical condition in order to collect insurance money.

What a bunch of nuts, LOL!

Geez, reminds me of people who think doorknobs are dirty... and called obsessive... but the doorknobs *really* are dirty.

How do these people get classified as "doctors" rather than pushers?

No doubt the "solution" will be one SSRI or another... that no doubt has a side effect like... err... umm... "bitterness".

Last edited by Viralmd; 06-01-2009 at 09:40 AM..

Old 06-01-2009, 04:41 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,087 times
Are you saying Bitterness is now a disorder that they have medication for??

Old 06-01-2009, 04:50 AM
ino

680 posts, read 2,499,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMadison View Post
What is everyone supposed to walk around like a pot stoned idiot all the time? Happy no matter what happened?

"Wow man, Mod cut: language happens, dude".

The next in a list of normal human reactions to be classified as a medical condition in order to collect insurance money.

What a bunch of nuts, LOL!

Geez, reminds me of people who think doorknobs are dirty... and called obsessive... but the doorknobs *really* are dirty.

How do these people get classified as "doctors" rather than pushers?

No doubt the "solution" will be one SSRI or another... that no doubt has a side effect like... err... umm... "bitterness".
LOL...Great post there! Makes a pleasant change to hear someone speak their mind instead of pussyfooting around an issue.

Don't know about anyone else but I enjoyed reading that! It cracks me up when I hear a spade called a spade instead of a 'long pine handled digging implement'.

I'm looking forward to coming back later.

Last edited by Viralmd; 06-01-2009 at 09:40 AM.. Reason: edited swear word from quote

Old 06-01-2009, 05:13 AM

4,176 posts, read 10,687,536 times
"I'm not crazy, M'lynn. I've just been in a very bad mood for 40 years!" - Ouiser Beaudreau, Steel Magnolias

And there isn't a thing wrong with that.People who are happy all of the time are either stoned, stupid, or don't know what is really going on.They're the ones you need to be careful of - because when their Pollyanna world finally and inevitably comes crashing down around their ears, or their drug - whatever it is, prescription, illegal, emotional or physical - runs out, there is no telling how they will react.That much pent-up emotion could be explosive. They are the ticking time bombs.

I'm not bitter - I'm a realist.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:26 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,867,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMadison View Post
What is everyone supposed to walk around like a pot stoned idiot all the time? Happy no matter what happened?"Wow man, Mod cut: language happens, dude".The next in a list of normal human reactions to be classified as a medical condition in order to collect insurance money.
What a bunch of nuts, LOL!Geez, reminds me of people who think doorknobs are dirty... and called obsessive... but the doorknobs *really* are dirty. How do these people get classified as "doctors" rather than pushers?No doubt the "solution" will be one SSRI or another... that no doubt has a side effect like... err... umm... "bitterness".
Why so "bitter" on all of this? No one expects you or anyone else to walk around like a pot stoned idiot all the time thinking the world is a beautiful place all the time and is all flowers, sunshine, music, love, peace and happiness..it surely isn't but what it surely is is how you deal with all the negatives life can deal out. This is what makes or breaks your opinion of who is entitled to REAL psych help and who isn't and who should beon SSRI and who shouldn't. Are you the one to determine who is a little off and needs help? I don't think so. Have you ever seen someone who is a little off and needs help? Sure doesn't sound it.

When my late husband had his heart attack back in 1992, I went to Social Security to find out if he could qualify for help. He was also a Viet Nam Vet and had served his country without one complaint. His heart attack was a major issue...not a small heart attack...a huge one. The doctors patted him on his head and sent him home. Anyhow, Social Security told me that they felt he was capable and able to work...he died 3 months later. I went BACK to Social Security and their first response to me was, "I told you Mrs........that your husband wasn't eligible"...GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS, HUH? I said to this person, "that's ok...I'm not here to apply again..I am here to tell you he is dead"....and then I left. Bitter? You betcha...but I just deal with it...I had my say.

There are all kinds of "Human Conditions" and I for one am thankful that there are professional people out there who can help those of us who have both emotional and physical conditions. To classify these professionals as pushers is bitter on your part. Try to have just a tad more compassion for your fellow humans and you will find that being so bitter is wasting energy that you could better spend someplace else doing good for someone or something.

Last edited by Viralmd; 06-01-2009 at 09:41 AM.. Reason: edited swear word from quote

Old 06-01-2009, 05:41 AM

1,382 posts, read 2,385,624 times
Twenty years ago I went thru a specturally thorough divorce. While sharing the details of this with a professional type I was told 'you sound bitter'. As if being pissed was the real problem. I won't bore you with the details but 'sounding bitter' was actually very healthy when compared with the alternatives.
Wherever politics ventures it corrupts.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:15 AM

1,104 posts, read 3,702,711 times
Everything will be a disorder at some point. THe goal of the pharm industry is to have everyone on drugs. Its really no big secret. They will have everyone classified/documented and microchipped. They will scan your brain at birth and have on drugs right away. If you don't take your daily dose of drugs the micro chip will signal the authoroties you failed to take your meds.......

Sounds a bit sci fi now but it most certainly could happen.....

Old 06-01-2009, 10:43 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,831,271 times
I used to be angry and bitter, but then I got old and realized I was going to die.

So I stopped thinking about stuff that I couldn't do anything about, which was what was making me angry and bitter.

Now I'm happy and content.

I'm still going to die, but so is everyone else.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:34 AM

2,742 posts, read 7,493,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanCutHippie View Post
Everything will be a disorder at some point. THe goal of the pharm industry is to have everyone on drugs. Its really no big secret. They will have everyone classified/documented and microchipped. They will scan your brain at birth and have on drugs right away. If you don't take your daily dose of drugs the micro chip will signal the authoroties you failed to take your meds.......

Sounds a bit sci fi now but it most certainly could happen.....
Also you can where aluminum foil over you head, that way they will not find you.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:48 PM

1,104 posts, read 3,702,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjma79 View Post
Also you can where aluminum foil over you head, that way they will not find you.

Don't use aluminum foil cuz if I did I might be equal in brain cells to a wanna-be doctor...lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health