Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 09:24 AM

6 posts, read 21,037 times

Advertisements

i dont know how to discribe her...at first, we live in harmony.i am a 20 years old boy and she is a (not very qualified) doctor over 50 years old.
i rent a room in a house on 2fl,now only she and i live in this floor. one day, she suddenly knocked my door ,shouting at me ,"you steal my food!you should apologize and buy fresh food for me!"
i am very polite at first, i can assure that nobody use her food. otherwise, i cant cook, and i never use the kinds of korean food. after an arguement, she started insulting me and my family,then i endured her for a whole day.the next day i got up, she still keep insulting me, then i began throwing dirty words on her in return.
after a few peace days, she began crazy again!!! she forced me to buy food for her and kept insulting me!!!i cant tolerate any more!!!
where can i ask for help?
by the way, there are two more tenants living here before, both of them think she is so strange and suddenly can change to another person, then they moved out.
i am so angry now...maybe this is what she want to see...
keep calm...

Last edited by zodiacking; 06-16-2009 at 09:25 AM.. Reason: more information
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2009, 09:26 AM

add: she sometimes knocks my door at midnight, and sometimes cooks around 2 am -4am.
those are very strange behavoirs.

Old 06-16-2009, 10:23 AM

2,901 posts, read 12,729,164 times
if your post is for real (and i suspect that it's not) :
give her the required notice (it's probably one month) and leave.
if you like drama, then stay.
simple.

and why is it necessary to let us know that she's Korean?

Last edited by coyoteskye; 06-16-2009 at 10:41 AM..

Old 06-16-2009, 01:56 PM

2,312 posts, read 7,528,693 times
I had a wacked out neighbor once, who happened to be the landlord's son. I had no choice but to move out. It stinks, but you can't live that way.

Old 06-16-2009, 02:05 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,314,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteskye View Post
simple.
From the post, it looks like the woman he is complaining about is not the landlord. He should talk to his landlord about this. If the landlord cannot/will not get this woman under control, then he should look for another room to rent.

Old 06-16-2009, 02:19 PM

2,742 posts, read 7,496,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodiacking View Post
i dont know how to discribe her...at first, we live in harmony.i am a 20 years old boy and she is a (not very qualified) doctor over 50 years old.
i rent a room in a house on 2fl,now only she and i live in this floor. one day, she suddenly knocked my door ,shouting at me ,"you steal my food!you should apologize and buy fresh food for me!"
i am very polite at first, i can assure that nobody use her food. otherwise, i cant cook, and i never use the kinds of korean food. after an arguement, she started insulting me and my family,then i endured her for a whole day.the next day i got up, she still keep insulting me, then i began throwing dirty words on her in return.
after a few peace days, she began crazy again!!! she forced me to buy food for her and kept insulting me!!!i cant tolerate any more!!!
where can i ask for help?
by the way, there are two more tenants living here before, both of them think she is so strange and suddenly can change to another person, then they moved out.
i am so angry now...maybe this is what she want to see...
keep calm...
Is she the landlord?
There is nothing you can do, up to know she hasn't actually done anything illegal. If you buy her food, her behavior will continue and maybe even worse (I hope you realize that buying her food was a mistake).
She is allowed to cook at what ever time she wants.
The line will be cross when you threaten you with bodily harm (that would be assault) or if she actually hits you (that would be battery). Then you may call the cops and file a complaint.
Also if she is not your landlord(even if she is) you may want to record the conversation (if your state allows it).
Some states allow you to record conversation while others don't without the consent of both parties.
For example, NY, NY allows to record conversation when only one party knows about it.
Meaning a conversation between A and B can be recorded by A without B knowing. But C that is not part of the conversation CAN'T.
In other states, a conversation between A and B can only be recorded when A AND B knows about it.
You should know the law of your state and know if conversation can recorded by consent of both parties or one party.(If your state doesn't allow it, you may not record it and if you do, is actually a felony!!)

To make your life easy, here is a link with the information about each state and recording conversation including telephone conversation.

"Can We Tape?"
NY like I said before:
"Intercepting or unlawfully engaging in wiretapping without the consent of one party is a felony" In other words only the consent of one party is necessary.
more information:
The only states that requires both parties consents:
California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Montana, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Washington State
All other states allows you to record conversation(with one party consent).

Last edited by cjma79; 06-16-2009 at 02:28 PM..

Old 06-16-2009, 02:47 PM

199 posts, read 653,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteskye View Post
if your post is for real (and i suspect that it's not) :
simple.

and why is it necessary to let us know that she's Korean?
'
I think this is a lie as well She is an "unqualified" doctor..and you can't string a sentence together for nuts

Old 06-16-2009, 03:59 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,314,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indie05 View Post
'
I think this is a lie as well She is an "unqualified" doctor..and you can't string a sentence together for nuts
If she rents a room to live in, how "qualified" would you consider her to be if she is actually a doctor?

Maybe he is ESL and that is why his sentence structure is awkward.

Old 06-16-2009, 04:37 PM

it is real...maybe when i was typing this post, i was so angry...so the words came out uncomforatble for readers....
now i have talked to the landlord...she said she would force her to move out...i am not the only one having conflict with her...she lives in this house for half a year...6people have moved out because of her...
hoping she will move out as soon as possible... i think she is unqualified because she use her small room both as her living room and her clinic.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:06 PM

2,901 posts, read 12,729,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodiacking View Post
it is real...maybe when i was typing this post, i was so angry...so the words came out uncomforatble for readers....
now i have talked to the landlord...she said she would force her to move out...i am not the only one having conflict with her...she lives in this house for half a year...6people have moved out because of her...
hoping she will move out as soon as possible... i think she is unqualified because she use her small room both as her living room and her clinic.
Still, why is it necessary to let people know she is Korean.
Since it seems that English is not your first language, which is no big deal, why would you need to get into the ethnicity of someone especially when this country is so rampant with intolerance and racism.

If she moves out, stay .... if she stays, you move out.
What other option is there if you want a peaceful home?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health