Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 11:53 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,607,030 times

Advertisements

Don't do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2014, 12:17 PM

28,896 posts, read 54,049,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitloopnut View Post
hello
i am currently friends with a woman who is bi polar,since im not familiar with this illness i'd like to find someone who is and give me a little help on how they think on everyday life,she seems to lie but tells me shes not but everything always seems funny and the dumbest things seems to be more important to her.
Don't have a relationship with bi-polar women. Just as importantly, don't have relationships with liars or narcissists, either.

The problem with your request is there is a buried assumption that you can fix matters or accommodate yourself to her deep dysfunction. In truth, there is no long-term reward in it, just misery and heartbreak.

Old 08-08-2014, 12:40 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,390,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
While it is somewhat rare, there are plenty of functional bi-polar people in this world, who take their meds, hold down jobs, raise families, but still have manic episodes and then recover in a relatively short time (2 weeks, or so).
There are a lot (I mean a LOT) of bipolar people who doesn't even know they are this way. They can function very well almost all the time (without medication), problem is the people around them (husbands, daughters, son, parents, boyfriends, girlfriends)

The manic episode is distressful for all around them. I don't recommend dating someone who doesn't know is this way. At least no seriously dating. If you stick around for the awful truth you will be shocked.

Never fall in love with a bipolar...ever!!!

Old 08-08-2014, 09:04 PM

49 posts, read 50,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker2014 View Post
There are a lot (I mean a LOT) of bipolar people who doesn't even know they are this way. They can function very well almost all the time (without medication), problem is the people around them (husbands, daughters, son, parents, boyfriends, girlfriends)

The manic episode is distressful for all around them. I don't recommend dating someone who doesn't know is this way. At least no seriously dating. If you stick around for the awful truth you will be shocked.

Never fall in love with a bipolar...ever!!!
After all I experienced with my ex, I couldn't agree with you more. It's a path best never traveled at least with no real solid expectations

Old 08-08-2014, 10:59 PM

94 posts, read 85,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitloopnut View Post
hello
i am currently friends with a woman who is bi polar,since im not familiar with this illness i'd like to find someone who is and give me a little help on how they think on everyday life,she seems to lie but tells me shes not but everything always seems funny and the dumbest things seems to be more important to her.
Bi polar women poke the gator with a stick and laugh when he growls and snaps. He already done chomped two other sticks into splinters with a single thrashing bite. They also don't fear 3 phase 480 volt power. It's a 24 volt doorbell to them.

In other words, crazy as they come. Sleep with your kevlar on! May God rid her of her evil spirits soon before someone gives her a reality check.

Old 08-09-2014, 09:48 AM

Relationships are hard as it is...but with bipolars take a whole new meaning. Just dated one woman who I suspect is a bipolar, but I didn't know that until I saw the scary and hurful episode, which to this date (that was back in March) I don't fully understand.

The yelling, the words...is not your "normal" anger thing.

Old 08-09-2014, 10:01 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,018,431 times
Run as fast as you can!

Old 08-09-2014, 10:17 AM

Even with medication, bipolarity is never fixed, the medication is just to avoid episodes, therapy is also recommend it. But beware of those outbursts on women and men who don't even know they are this way. Those are the most dangerous. You fall in love, you will get hurt. They are prone to get off the grid for days, they break with you for the silliest reason, they are cheaters and they don't know why they cheat. It's just awful. They only chase you when you are on their good terms and they often confuse love with fixation.

You cannot reason with them, and the official name is "affective bipolarity disorder". Emotions run wild with them, like several voices talking at the same time. They can deal with reason mostly well, but when emotions are involved (the case with relationship) they are just wild and they don't even know why.

If you deal with them, ask him about their clinical history. If they already been treated for depression, that's a red flag. If they are divorced, another red flag.

On women there are almost 60% chance they will develop bipolarity before 50 yrs old, if they are divorced and with a clinical history of depression.

Beware and run to the hills...run for your life!!!

Old 08-13-2014, 09:26 PM

2,148 posts, read 2,915,390 times
Currently dating a bipolar woman. It isn't easy

Old 08-14-2014, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
Currently dating a bipolar woman. It isn't easy
She told you that? Then there is more chance if she takes her meds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health