Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 09:58 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,394,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Question to the bipolars here:

do you sometimes have a fight over something and come up with really dumb arguments? Is that part of being bipolar and unreasonable or is this just the persons personality?

Do you realize later on how "off" your statement was? Do you still insist on it?

I think I have a friend who is bipolar and we had a fight about something and it just keeps coming up and her arguments are really off. And I wonder if this is just her or if it is the bipolar thing and she actually realizes later on that she is in the wrong?

Also, she has a new bf and already talks about marriage and can't live without him, wants to die with him and is so much into him that I wonder if this is just her or is this typical bipolar? Once she gets out of her manic phase, does she realize she is too fast and comes on too strong? I tried to ask her but didn't get a real answer.

Also, one day she says he is the man of her life and then they had a fight and she threatened to break up. If he would actually break up with her, would she realize once out of the manic phase what she did and beg him to take her back?? The whole behavior is just odd.
That's bipolar attitude 101. It's part of the problem. The least one I must say.

Their logic is "off". The arguments they give about their "actions" are "odd" even when there is the normal "mood".

For example. My former lover lady friend, whatever, sent me in 2013 a message saying "she found the love of her life and bla bla bla", reality is I had 8 months without prior contact. Anyone knows when you are in a relationship you don't have to be bragging about it. Needless to say the "love of her life" only lasted like 2 or 3 months.

When I caught up with her on early 2014, she said she told me that because I was "lurking" around. Not true, since she send me that message on 2013, out of the blue. Reality check: On 2013 I saw her on Feb, she send me that message on October. Between Feb and Oct I had 8 months without contacting her at all.

Therefore bipolars don't compute sometimes. And that's when normal.

That's part of their "unlogical" thinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2015, 08:16 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker2014 View Post
That's bipolar attitude 101. It's part of the problem. The least one I must say.

Their logic is "off". The arguments they give about their "actions" are "odd" even when there is the normal "mood".

For example. My former lover lady friend, whatever, sent me in 2013 a message saying "she found the love of her life and bla bla bla", reality is I had 8 months without prior contact. Anyone knows when you are in a relationship you don't have to be bragging about it. Needless to say the "love of her life" only lasted like 2 or 3 months.

When I caught up with her on early 2014, she said she told me that because I was "lurking" around. Not true, since she send me that message on 2013, out of the blue. Reality check: On 2013 I saw her on Feb, she send me that message on October. Between Feb and Oct I had 8 months without contacting her at all.

Therefore bipolars don't compute sometimes. And that's when normal.

That's part of their "unlogical" thinking.
That's weird since she is otherwise a very intelligent person. Just sometimes her reasoning is totally off. And she sticks with it over months. There is no "you know, I am sorry, I realized my arguments were lame". Even after months she sticks with the same, odd opinions.

Old 06-08-2015, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
That's weird since she is otherwise a very intelligent person. Just sometimes her reasoning is totally off. And she sticks with it over months. There is no "you know, I am sorry, I realized my arguments were lame". Even after months she sticks with the same, odd opinions.
Intelligence has nothing to do it. My lady friend has a master's degree on education, she was offered a raise on her job before resigning to do "life coach", the reason for the resignation was "she didn't want to get up early to go to work". Not because there was any problems or anything, payment was very good. That's the "logical" thinking of a bipolar person.

Actually most bipolars can function very well on "work mode". They have the extra stamina. It's on their personal and loving relationship when all the "crazyness" starts.

Old 06-13-2015, 11:19 AM

Another good article, now focusing on the relationship part:

Bipolar Disorder and Relationships: When to Say Goodbye

My bipolar ex lover announced her "life coaching" site on her Facebook and I congratulate her "Hey keep up the good work". Several people commented and she gave everybody a "like" of their comments...except my comment...ouch!

You can truly learn about "compassionate distance" with these "angels with a broken wing". And trust me...indifference is the best policy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health