Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2009, 03:11 PM

829 posts, read 2,955,199 times

Advertisements

Hello, anyone have any thoughts or expereince with doc phobias...i wont go to the doc, and am quite nearvous about the thought of it...i suffered a weightlifting accident where 765lbs fell on my face and left me blind in my right eye, as well as getting a bone into my brain, multiple fractures and breaks...etc....i joked with the nurses and all that this was a nice way to get over my phobia, however now that has passed two years...i am still afraid of the doc...mainly afraid of going in and them finding something serious wrong with me...

I remember about 10+ years ago i thought i broke my ankle...went to the emergency room and remember the look of "i cant believe this" on the docs face about my blood pressure being high....well after that i was scared of getting my bp read...then it became being scared of aids and other terminal diseases...now its just the doctor in general...

any help or ideas would greatly be appreciated...
thanks and God Bless
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 04:15 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,818,191 times
You need to see a cognitive-behavioral psychologist, who can help you get over this phobia.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 09-25-2009, 08:36 AM

6,044 posts, read 24,089,952 times
I immediately also thought of counseling...a good counselor can help you figure out where this fear is coming from, and how to move past it.

Old 09-27-2009, 04:17 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,282,289 times
I will only go to the doctor if I break a bone. That's about it. People that go to doctors regularly have more ailments.
If someone has serious health problems that they cannot fix through diet, natural cures etc, then by all means see a doctor.

Old 09-27-2009, 08:56 AM

23,595 posts, read 70,391,434 times
So date a med school student. I think you'll soon find the fear is not the person, but the situation you find yourself in where you are somewhat out of control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health