Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: For those who suffer from panic attacks, what are your symptoms?
Racing heart, hyperventilating, dizzy, feel like your dying 9 23.08%
Feeling like your going crazy, can't concentrate, tunnel vision 3 7.69%
All of the above 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 12:24 PM

3 posts, read 29,483 times

Advertisements

I have had them since the age of 19 and I'm now 35. I hate it. I can hardly go anywhere now. I have had them go away for a few years at a time. My major problem is that I have used alcohol to cope with them. ALCOHOL!!! My docs won't give me the meds that I need because they addictive. I understand that, but I usually only need them for a short time. After taking them for a while, I realize that I can go places withoput having them. I am so upset about this and I have two children. What am I supposed to do?? There has to be an herbal medication that works. I just want to cry all day now. I hold it together in front of my kids, but I don't want to go anywhere when they get out of school. Someone tell me what to do! Please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2011, 12:38 PM

1,969 posts, read 5,950,079 times
Good luck to all of you who suffer from these. I can only imagine how difficult it is. I have never had one, but have witnessed them on several occasions. Its terrible.

Old 01-06-2011, 01:42 PM

1,318 posts, read 5,264,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoe View Post
I have had them since the age of 19 and I'm now 35. I hate it. I can hardly go anywhere now. I have had them go away for a few years at a time. My major problem is that I have used alcohol to cope with them. ALCOHOL!!! My docs won't give me the meds that I need because they addictive. I understand that, but I usually only need them for a short time. After taking them for a while, I realize that I can go places withoput having them. I am so upset about this and I have two children. What am I supposed to do?? There has to be an herbal medication that works. I just want to cry all day now. I hold it together in front of my kids, but I don't want to go anywhere when they get out of school. Someone tell me what to do! Please.
You might check out the herbs L-Theanine (green tea extract),and 5 HTP,an amino acid. The 5 HTP takes a while to work,but its touted as a "natural"
anti depressant/anti anxiety. Also magnesium helps nerves!
Google them!
Deb

Old 01-06-2011, 06:33 PM

1,224 posts, read 3,993,373 times
Mine feels like my heart is going to beat out of my chest, all the blood rushes to my face, my eyes feel like they're going to pop out of my head, I get dizzy, shaky, sweaty, and want to find the nearest hole to crawl into and hide.

I've been taking Bystolic for about the last 3 or so weeks and it's helping quite a bit. When I begin to feel panicky, I take 0.25mg Xanax to help ease the symptoms. I think that has helped me more than anything. I take 0.25 before work, at lunch, and sometimes again around 2:00. My facial flushing has decreased significantly and I don't feel like my heart is going to explode anymore.

Old 01-07-2011, 12:30 AM

55 posts, read 140,465 times
i'll say this.i had my first one at age 15 back in 1990 and i thought i was dying.for years afterwards i made at least five or six trips a year to hospitals and it ruined my life for a long time because no one could find the answer not to mention it embarrassed me to be seen so much in the ER.well about three or four years ago i lucked up on a fish oil/coq10 vitamin that knocked it totally out and i'm much happier.i think in the last four years i might've had one or two spells where if i wasn't on these vitamins it probably would've been around twenty.

Old 01-07-2011, 12:34 PM

43,011 posts, read 107,831,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoe View Post
Find a new doctor! There is a doctor out there who will prescribe you an antidepressant and an anti-anxiety med. There are doctors who recognize the importance of these medications even though there is a risk of addiction. My family member takes klonopin fairly regularly. The doctor prescribes it monthly, instead of giving refills, that way the doctor can keep tabs on his useage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health