Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 04:02 PM

1,733 posts, read 1,822,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
It's all about the money,...and I'm not looking for any (brownie points) There is no conspiracy to be villians by anyone ,Do you think that all the evidence that prooves vaccines dAMADGE IS MADE UP AND FALSE? sO all doctors and scientists, and immunologists and nuerologists that think and believe differently to YOU, are on a conspiracy??.......................the greater the knowledge ,the greater the doubt
I don't think there is any evidence "proving vaccines damage" I think it is a mixture of ignorance, lies, falsehood and shoddy, falsified research, leading to a panic among people who don't have any knowledge of the subject.

It should really be enough that the people disproving your rants are posting real studies, and real research while you are posting unsubstantiated allegations and rants against imaginary lies.

DO you at all know how science works? How researchers try to build their careers by peer reviewing other researchers work and finding errors? Did you notice that none of those huge studies I liked to was conducted by Americans?

Think the CDC has dictatorial power over all the scientists and statisticans in the world?

Old 10-26-2010, 03:20 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
they are afraid of the truth...Here is something that the surgeon general of the united staes Leonard Scheele said when he addressed the ama at a convention in 1955...."No batch of vaccine can be proved to be safe before it is given to children".
With the help of an acquaintance who has access to the Journal of the American Medical Association, I was able to obtain copies of two articles By Dr. Scheele. Because the material is copyrighted and JAMA does not make the pdf available for free, I am unable to do a link.

From Control of Poliomyelitis through Vaccination, JAMA Vol. 158:14, pp 1271-3: on safety:

Dr. Scheele describes the steps taken to improve the Salk vaccine. He goes on to say, "Risk of transmission of poliomyelitis through use of such vaccine is negligible. Remember, however, that 100% safety cannot be assured for the poliomyelitis vaccine, just as it cannot be assured for other biologicals used in preventive and therapeutic medicine."

From Public Health Implications in a Program of Vaccination Against Poliomyelitis, co-authored by Dr. Scheele and Dr. James A. Shannon, (of the NIH), JAMA Vol 158:14 pp 1249-58:

This paper was read in the Panel Discussion on Prospects for the control of Poliomyelitis before the Joint Meeting of the Section on Pediatrics and the Section on Preventive and Industrial Medicine and Public Health at the 104th Annual Meeting of the AMA, Atlantic City, June 7, 1955.

This is a ten page, detailed description of problems with some of the early Salk vaccine and steps taken to correct those problems, after there were cases of polio thought to be due to the vaccine itself (114 in all).

The authors conclusion about safety:

"It is erroneous to assume that absolute safety can be assured, but it is believed that recently amended requirements for manufacture and safety testing of poliomyelitis vaccine assure the production of material that is safe, as tested by present tests for active virus detection, and that the risk of such vaccine transmitting poliomyelitis is negligible."

I have read both articles several times. No where do I find the remark attributed to Dr. Scheele, even in a form that might have been paraphrased.

It appears that all he said was that the polio vaccine appears as safe as science can make it at the time, but there are no guarantees of absolute safety.

None of us who believe in vaccines deny that there can be serious side effects from them. But we do not make up quotations from dead researchers to bolster our claims. The anti-immunization sites that do this should be read with skepticism beyond the extreme.

Old 10-28-2010, 09:42 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times
You've been denying the serious side effects of vaccines all along, certainly down playing them..Thank God, the cdc does not have dictatorial power over all scientist or statisticians, as some of us DO want to make imformed desisions on the health and welfare of our families

Old 10-28-2010, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglerdavis View Post
These are two additional studies that back up scores of others that all agree the increase in the autism rate (17% increase each year) is an actual increase and not due to a change in the way people are diagnosed. Meanwhile, there has still NOT ONE study on vaccinated versus non-vaccinated children and how it might relate to autism. There also has been no studies on toxic elements in the environment that could be causing the 600 percent increase bringing the incidents to 1 out of 110.
Most studies agree now that there is a genetic component, but that there is something triggering it. Common theory is that there is a genetic predisposition, but an environmental trigger.

Not true:
MMR and autism - Denmark

There are more, but it only takes one to disprove your statement.

Old 10-28-2010, 10:05 AM

Quote:
You've been denying the serious side effects of vaccines all along, certainly down playing them..Thank God, the cdc does not have dictatorial power over all scientist or statisticians, as some of us DO want to make imformed desisions on the health and welfare of our families
I presume your comment is addressed to me. I have not downplayed the risks of vaccines. Everyone who considers taking any medication, even a simple over-the-counter pain or cold medicine, has to weigh benefits and risks.

The anti-vaccine sites completely ignore the simple fact that the risks from vaccines are tiny compared to the risks from the diseases they prevent.

The anti-vaccine sites also are clearly willing to propagate quotations from scientists that are not true, hoping readers will not go to the trouble to sniff out the falsehoods.

Old 10-28-2010, 11:27 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,228,525 times
Quote:
You have been making up serious side effects from vaccines all along, certainly over exaggerating them.

Where is the "proof"?? Not anonymous blog posts or conspiracy sites like "whaleto"....but actual proof of harm

Actual scientific studies showing REAL, QUANTIFIABLE risks from routine vaccinations...

The data just isn't there and just wishing it were so doesn't make it so...

Every developed nation in the world offers vaccinations to its populace, vaccines are one of the true "miracles" of medicine...

There would have to be a worldwide conspiracy involving every government on the planet to suppress the type of information you conspiracy theorists seem to think is "out there"

Old 10-28-2010, 11:43 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
This thread has become a two-sided debate with only a few posters continuing. Others have lost interest. Closed.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health