Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 10:04 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times

Advertisements

Ever watch ghost whisperer? Melinda can see & hear ghosts & one guy on the show can't see but can hear them. He doesn't appear to hear all the ghosts in the town; just the specific ones working with Melinda.. yeah, tv show.. I know..

Anyway, what is the possibility you are hearing spirits?
When you heard them at your mom's, did it sound like the same one(s)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2010, 11:29 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,553,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Ever watch ghost whisperer? Melinda can see & hear ghosts & one guy on the show can't see but can hear them. He doesn't appear to hear all the ghosts in the town; just the specific ones working with Melinda.. yeah, tv show.. I know..

Anyway, what is the possibility you are hearing spirits?
When you heard them at your mom's, did it sound like the same one(s)?
Dabbling in the occult is dangerous, IF they were spirits they should be ignored.

Old 05-15-2010, 01:37 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times

Is there any other activity in the house?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Dabbling in the occult is dangerous, IF they were spirits they should be ignored.
I agree.
Sounds like she is trying to ignore what ever is going on.

Old 05-15-2010, 03:39 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
For a long time I have heard what sounds like voices. In the night time when it is very quiet I can hear what sounds like voices talking very, very low. I cannot usually make out much of what is "said", other than a word here or a word there. Nothing that really makes sense. It sounds just like when you have the television going on in another room and you can hear it, but not quite loud enough to understand what is being said.

I hear them if I listen. Over the years I have learned to blot them out so I do not pay any attention to it. But if I think about it and listen carefully, I can hear it. Sometimes I cannot "turn it off" so I will put on a fan, or a white noise machine and that drowns the voices out.

They are always mens voices, by the way (never female). Just now, I went to the bathroom and I could hear them.

Just for the record. It is NOT a tv or forgotten radio left on. There is nothing on. And there are no neighbors close enough for me to hear their TV or radio.

So, do you think I am crazy? Sometimes I wonder what they are and where they are coming from.

20yrsinBranson
It could be ghosts. Could be residual meaning not directed at you. Maybe you should try to listen to what they "are" saying and it is over and over the same that will bring you some comfort at least.
Maybe they are family members that have passed and want to say something who knows.
You could always have your housed blessed and cleansed with sage

Old 05-15-2010, 05:13 PM

1,688 posts, read 4,299,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post

Is there any other activity in the house?

I agree.
Sounds like she is trying to ignore what ever is going on.
Don't you just love it when people talk about you in the third person on a thread you started?

Please tell me 20yrsinBranson that you are not taking these well intentioned posts seriously?

Pretty soon someone will recommend an exorcist.

Come on girl; everyone wants to know what you're thinking. My personal favorite and best post on your situation came from Norm24x7. Lots of wisdom in that reply IMO.

Old 05-15-2010, 05:55 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
It could be ghosts. Could be residual meaning not directed at you. Maybe you should try to listen to what they "are" saying and it is over and over the same that will bring you some comfort at least.
Maybe they are family members that have passed and want to say something who knows.
You could always have your housed blessed and cleansed with sage
Agree, could be residual energy. I've read many of your posts 20yrsinBranson, your fine. Psychics (not talking about Miss Chloe and the psychic hotline fakes) experience the same, they get fragmented conversation. Residual energy works the same, try the house blessing with sage, even a minister could do a blessing.

No exorcisims

Last edited by virgode; 05-15-2010 at 06:06 PM..

Old 05-15-2010, 06:02 PM

Really great post Norm, out of reps for you at the moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm24x7 View Post
All advices here are productive to some extent but IMO theres nothing too serious off late .. heres a simple thought .. sometimes we talk to ourselves ..doesn't mean we're crazy or suffering a mental illness .. when we pray we ask to god, neither of us know whether he exists ..but we believe and so we do what we call a religious duty .. doesn't mean we're crazy ..as for hearing voices ..i worked in a call center and worked night shifts ..slept through the day and whereever there was deadly silence ..i heard the phone ring, people talking ..even in my sleep i used to mumble lol .. anyways its better you dont give too much of importance to it ..the more u think of it as a problem .. it'll take over your mind to the extent of a possible mental disorder .. dont give in to it ..simply shrug it off .. try to keep your mind occupied .. try meditation ..yoga .. some physical activity could make you feel better .. however next time you hear something ..just dont bother .. ever heard the statement ''Its all in the mind'' .. that doesnt mean you're going crazy .. its all in the mind and you have the authority and power to control it .. thats the best advice i have for now .. u're fine !!

Old 05-15-2010, 09:13 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
I think it would bother me if I were in your position.

At night, I have to have some kind of noise when I'm trying to sleep - usually a fan - to drown out the silence. When there is too much room in my mind for my imagination to run wild, it runs really wild to the point that I can freak myself out.

I guess if you can live with it, then there's no harm - however, it is really not usual to hear voices.

Old 05-16-2010, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I think it would bother me if I were in your position.
Myself as well, I'd have to know what was going on.
Hope branson comes back to the thread.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:01 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,615,586 times
Being an ex nurse, heres a practical (albeit boring) idea.Not as interesting as spirits communicating,but a very common problam.
Tinnitus. Some people hear fog horns,some murmuring , some hear cricket sounds, ringing, whistleing, swooshing,frogs etc.etc
Tinnitus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://www.medicinenet.com/tinnitus/article.htm

An ear doc can help you out, and there is help.
Good luck

Last edited by nanannie; 05-16-2010 at 09:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health