Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 03:17 PM

305 posts, read 750,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
C'mon...do you really think Mexico has as strict zoning and business permit regulations as the U.S.? Actually, they may be on paper, but really, how often are they enforced? Running a business seems to be a far more common experience in Mexico than in the U.S.
This, this and this. It's also why you can arbitrarily paint your house orange or any other color. They do have business permits, etc. but I think a lot of that depends on where you are setting up shop as to how strictly it would be enforced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 05:07 PM

44 posts, read 66,135 times

The house above, so far I had to pay $700 dollars in permit fees. My wife was also harased by the union demanding that we pay the union money. We told them to go fu&^&k off.

These houses next door sold for 1,000,000.00 peso. Yes they are all sold.

Picture taken from my front yard. Narco house next to the school.

ROSES .60 CENTS. MEXICO SHOULD PUT MORE TIME INTO LANDSCAPING WITH PRICES THAT CHEAP!

WHY I'M PAYING ALL THOSE FEES.

Old 08-17-2012, 05:57 PM

305 posts, read 750,379 times
You seem like a fun guy to be around. Pretty flowers though.

Old 08-17-2012, 10:53 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,929,654 times
The clothesline in the front yard is a sign of lower class working people. Middle class do not do that in Mexico City.

The front two paved strips for the car tires is common (no garage) here in TJ/Rosarito area. They have built a few hundred homes similiar to one of the photos shown.... 800 sq ft total 2 story homes that are wall to wall. They started to advertise them at $25K and I had thought to buy one then they stopped advertising and the price jumped to $35K....then advertised with no price shown. Had an idea they were for the local nationals to ease up the conditions in TJ and NOT for any American as they woulf sell like hot cakes. Believe they were built with GOVMT money.

As for the roses, they (baby roses) were sold real cheap at the on ramps of the Viaducto etc in Mexico City.

The block walls shown are typical here also. Mistake they make is not putting horizontal Rebarb but only vertical. The blocks have a cut/notch for the rebarb but workers will not install them being more work to be level.

Any American looking at those photos will have NO idea of what the reality is but only an American who has built here will know.

Nothing intended.......just the truth and reality.

Old 08-18-2012, 10:49 AM

836 posts, read 2,948,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hagendass View Post
The house above, so far I had to pay $700 dollars in permit fees.
I am surprised that the Americans believe that everything in Mexico is cheap or free, they believe don't have to pay for building permits, social insurance for builders, local property tax, etc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagendass View Post
These houses next door sold for 1,000,000.00 peso. Yes they are all sold.
That price is quite common, even cheap for a house of those dimensions.

Old 08-20-2012, 08:38 AM

44 posts, read 66,135 times
[quote=mexguy;25695687]I am surprised that the Americans believe that everything in Mexico is cheap or free, they believe don't have to pay for building permits, social insurance for builders, local property tax, etc..

Yes, its true alot of Americans think Mexico is a poor country, in fact property value are more expensive then in the USA. Mexico is not poor, it is poorly run by its crappy government.

I don't have problem paying fees and taxes, but in mexico the government can't even provide you with trash pickup, sewer, and roads, and they charge you to drive on the highway.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:12 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺Be View Post
If you go pretty far out from DF you get to the brand new suburban sprawl. These pics are from Ecatepec, a city of 1.5 million. My observations made me think Eca is a moderate to low income area. These must be the working class folks who choose a longer commute in exchange for a decent area. Cute colorful neighborhoods, although mature trees are apparently in short supply. A lot of the city fits the "colorful" bill, although as a pp noted, often the homes are unpainted or partially painted.

I asked a young lady on the bus about the quality of life in the San Carlos area and she said so-so.
Ecatepec is a huge geographical area, to the N. of Mexico City. In the state of Mexico. Much of the area isn't very nice, IMO. Some high crime areas. Some bad crimes on public transportation. Rapes. Robberies. But a few reasonably decent areas sprinkled throughout. The houses appearing in the photos look to me to be government-subsidized. Or inexpensive tract housing. No back yards, likely, and that's why the laundry is on a line in front. I wouldn't live in that part of the DF metropolitan area. Thanks.

Old 08-23-2012, 06:55 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,476,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Ecatepec is a huge geographical area, to the N. of Mexico City. In the state of Mexico. Much of the area isn't very nice, IMO. Some high crime areas. Some bad crimes on public transportation. Rapes. Robberies. But a few reasonably decent areas sprinkled throughout. The houses appearing in the photos look to me to be government-subsidized. Or inexpensive tract housing. No back yards, likely, and that's why the laundry is on a line in front. I wouldn't live in that part of the DF metropolitan area. Thanks.
My impression is those areas are the areas where people from the very poor rural first stake out a spot when they migrate to DF trying to make a better - or at least more modern - life. Reminds me of immigrant areas of the Northeast at certain eras like the Bowery.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:21 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,929,654 times
Ecatepec is north of Villa de Las Flores, Oacalco, Edo de Mexico.

From Centro DF....Periferico Nte thru Satellite...past Tlalapantla...turn off to the right..... then to Villa de Las Flores...then a short way to Ecatepec.

Lived in both in Centro and Tlalapantla. Had a girfriend in Las Flores so drove that route many times.

The area is far enough north so the buses run a lot of people to the Metro at Indio Verdes for work needs in DF.

200- 300 buses at one time at Indio Verdes.....have taken them many times.

They had a two tone paint job and different route numbers but still ending at the end of the route. One number and color would go thru a south part and another with a different number would go the north part but both still ended at my girlfriends intersection.

Heck.....they have a big job of moving people with the buses and Metro.

Old 08-24-2012, 08:44 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺Be View Post
My impression is those areas are the areas where people from the very poor rural first stake out a spot when they migrate to DF trying to make a better - or at least more modern - life. Reminds me of immigrant areas of the Northeast at certain eras like the Bowery.
Economics probably is the biggest factor when people consider where to live. No different in the Mexico City area than in any major metropolis on this planet. Housing costs less and there's greater availability ... "out there." And future generations tend to stick close to their relatives, in the same general vicinity. So someone who grows up in Ecatepec most likely continues to live there after marrying or otherwise moving from home. The D.F. is relatively small, and densly populated. It's commonplace for people living on the edge of the D.F. in Estado de Mexico, to travel two hours in each direction using public transportation going to or coming from work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico