Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2016, 11:28 AM

186 posts, read 158,153 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

This is a hot topic in our news this moment: https://twitter.com/metabolizedjunk

Short story: female walks and some idiot runs after her and pulls her pants down.
She puts the video showing this online, wants to find the one who did it and she gets called all kinds of bad names...
It comes down to people telling her she should not have walked there in a dress... As if she wanted to be violated.

Now this is not really a nice image we get from Mexicans.

I am pretty sure this is a nice example on how Trump can use this in his race to the white house.
Trump as a president, would be a disaster I think, but if things like this happen, it is just helping him to get votes.

Is this specific case a topic in the news in Mexico/USA or ?

Any insights on this? For me, things like this can become a catalyst for someone like Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 11:53 AM

3,282 posts, read 3,804,764 times
I didn't even see the video, but if anyone judges a country full of millions of people based on the actions of a few, they are morons.

Also, who cares what this vulgar, ignorant man thinks. That is why he has grown in popularity, because he keeps himself in the media and people listen to him and talk about him.

Old 03-17-2016, 09:33 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,240,106 times
^^ This.

How can anyone despise the image of a country of 120 million people by the action of one idiot offender?

Old 03-17-2016, 11:03 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,964,502 times
Hmmmmmm....saw the same thing happen to a girl working in a bar (skirt/underwear) while in centro Mexico. Stopped for a drink while returning to the US. NO biggee there as the men just laughed when she tried to slap or hit him.....part of the atmosphere. But the woman in the video just walked along like a every day thing.

Old 03-17-2016, 12:19 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,504,029 times
I am a conservative American and have no problem with Hispanic people in America. I wish they would enter legally but part of that is on the US as well since we did not control our borders well in the past and still do not.

I am not sure how Trump has gotten so far but I do not think one video will change that either way. Women should not be harassed and should feel safe but I am not sure that Mexican's are any worse than any other young men.

I have been to Mexico (Quintana Roo) and I like it a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico