Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 07:38 AM

6,470 posts, read 16,390,574 times

Advertisements

Taxco!! I love the long dark hair and the way girls walk in the plaza on the weekends! Beautiful and elegant.

Old 04-06-2016, 03:38 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,695,277 times
Mexican women really are gorgeous. For those who have made blanket statements about the central and south, however, you don't know what you're missing! There are some very unique and stunningly beautiful women there, particularly in Oaxaca.

Old 04-07-2016, 05:52 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,326,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanOLee View Post
FYI: i had a really horrible experience w/Anglo-Saxons in the US.. which was part of the reason i left. When i see Gringa/Gringo-looking people.. i get a horrible feeling in my stomach and run the other way.
Then what on earth are you doing in Mexico City? DF is absolutely packed with white Mexicans, at least in the middle class and wealthier parts.

An affluent neighborhood in DF is much whiter than an affluent urban neighborhood in the U.S.

Old 04-07-2016, 06:05 PM

143 posts, read 191,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Then what on earth are you doing in Mexico City? DF is absolutely packed with white Mexicans, at least in the middle class and wealthier parts.

An affluent neighborhood in DF is much whiter than an affluent urban neighborhood in the U.S.
im right near Walmart. by Buena Vista Bus Station..
i hardly see any Gringa/Gringo looking people.

around my work.. near Insurgentes..
i do see a lot more.. but still not a lot.

better than US.
US is the capital of Gringas/Gringos.

Old 04-08-2016, 11:11 AM

Quote:

Old 04-08-2016, 11:27 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,326,602 times
Quote:
im right near Walmart. by Buena Vista Bus Station..
i hardly see any Gringa/Gringo looking people.

around my work.. near Insurgentes..
i do see a lot more.. but still not a lot.

better than US.
No offense, but are you REALLY living in DF?

First, the Buenavista station area is poor and not very nice. And it's a train station, not a bus station. I can't imagine many American expats living in that neighborhood.

Second, you previously mentioned "Zocolo". You meant to say "Zocalo" and that is nowhere near where you say you are staying. The Zocalo is the main plaza in the middle of centro.

Third, "gringos" don't mean "whiteys" in the Mexican context. It means Americans. White Mexicans aren't considered gringos, nor are white Europeans, or anyone else. Black Americans would be gringos, alongside all other Americans.

Old 04-08-2016, 12:26 PM

143 posts, read 191,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
No offense, but are you REALLY living in DF?

First, the Buenavista station area is poor and not very nice. And it's a train station, not a bus station. I can't imagine many American expats living in that neighborhood.

Second, you previously mentioned "Zocolo". You meant to say "Zocalo" and that is nowhere near where you say you are staying. The Zocalo is the main plaza in the middle of centro.

Third, "gringos" don't mean "whiteys" in the Mexican context. It means Americans. White Mexicans aren't considered gringos, nor are white Europeans, or anyone else. Black Americans would be gringos, alongside all other Americans.
It's both a Bus & Train Station..
i go to work on it every morning.
and it's beautiful, the people are wonderful, i love this place.
that's the problem w/you Gringos.. too judgemental.

Wikipedia says about Colonia Santa Maria:
Colonia Santa María la Ribera is a colonia located in the Cuauhtémoc borough of Mexico City, just west of the historic center. It was created in the late 19th century for the affluent who wanted homes outside of the city limits.

i'd hardly equate that to "poor" as you put it.

Zocalo is 15 minutes from me.
Im American and barely speak Spanish..
I spell as it sounds in English.

My hostile is right next door to Chapo Museum.

Address:
Calle Enrique Gonzalez Martinez No. 24
Colonia Santa Maria La Ribera C.P. 06400

The Mexicans i speak to use Gringos/Gringas to refer to white people.
(ie. Gringos son muy racisto y malo)

They refer to Blacks as Negro/Negra.

They call me Chino..
Chino is used for Asians.
Although the literal meaning is Chinese.

Need anymore proof?
how about a pic? let me know.

Last edited by SeanOLee; 04-08-2016 at 12:47 PM..

Old 04-12-2016, 11:21 AM

45 posts, read 133,171 times
Mexicans (in Mexico) do NOT refer to black Americans as "gringos".

I'm black American, and when I am in Mexico, I'm referred to as negro/negrito or moreno/morenito. If they know I am an English-speaker, some will more politely call me 'nortamericano' as some are aware that non-Hispanic black Americans may find the term 'negro' to be offensive.

Old 04-12-2016, 02:37 PM

Quote:

My hostile is right next door to Chapo Museum.
El Chapo Guzmán has his own museum now? I bet it IS down right hostile! Not a stuffy ambiance like most museums, eh? Gotta watch your back in there.

Just playing with you. I think you mean "hostal" and "Museo universitario del Chopo" or maybe not... maybe my first reading was more accurate?

I hope you don't misinterpret my humor; it seems from some of your posts that you've had some bad relationships with caucasians in the US. Glad that Mexico has provided you with a welcome refuge and I hope that you have better relationships with white folks back home in the future.

Old 04-12-2016, 03:34 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,231,969 times
Obviously it refers to Chopo Museum in Santa Maria La Ribera.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico