U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2014, 04:44 PM

3 posts, read 1,573 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am uninsured and living in Austin, TX. When I was a teenager (I am now 30) I got very badly injured and broke my jaw in several different places. I have been having some sensations in my face in general and am unsure if this is due to general dental issues or my past broken jaw. I was planning on going to Mexico and having dental work done and was actually originally going to ask for recommendations on good dentists for me and my wife but after talking to a friend I was advised to first make sure there were no issues relating to my past jaw injury because if there is something wrong with my jaw and I fix my teeth first I may have to have an operation done to fix my jaw and that could lead to me needing to get extra dental work done after. I am sure that I will need a x-ray and probably an MRI done and that is years of debt to pay for out of pocket here in the US, so I just wanted to see if there was any feedback or recommendations on Doctors in Mexico?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2014, 04:51 PM

836 posts, read 2,782,095 times
Usually there is a misunderstanding, there's not in Mexico or any other country in the world "inexpensive doctors" if you want good service in a good hospital you need to pay.

Fix your jaw it can be more economical in México but you have to spend on travel, consultation, accommodation and finally the hospital and operation.

Old 09-11-2014, 05:09 PM

I get that. I'm not asking for a cheap or free doctor. I am asking if there are actually doctors in Mexico that are considerably less expensive for the same procedures as would cost an arm and a leg in the US. My wife has a friend who got dental work done in Mexico instead of the US and save over $10,000, so that's what I am asking.

I am not asking if I can see a doctor for free, with free airfare, and free lodging. I know I am going to have to pay money.

I am asking if seeing a doctor in Mexico can save me money like seeing a dentist in Mexico saved my wifes co-worker money and if it is less expensive are there recommendations or advice on how to go about this process?

Thanks though

Old 09-12-2014, 12:19 AM

3 posts, read 2,379 times
Hi, what about the doctor who do the dental work for your wife´s friend?

If you know some spanish try to see the city´s yellow pages.

Old 09-12-2014, 06:43 AM

that doctor will work for us when we go for dental work but I am not sure they would be able to address my jaw issue. Atleast in US dentists would not be who I would go to for that, so I assume it is the same in Mexico. Might be worth a try though, thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico