Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 03:18 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,143,538 times

Advertisements

My son and I drove to Tijuana yesterday to consult with three different dentist about veneers for him and bonding for me. I saw Dr. Billy Bartel, Dr. Torres at Pacific Dental and Dr Avila in Rosarito Beach. It took a lot of internet research to get it narrowed down to those three. I don't want to do a big report if no one is interested but if you are just let me know on this thread and I'll be happy to go thru my experiences for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 08:34 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,927,978 times
There is a DRA Irma Flora Avila DDS In Primo Tapia which is next to Puerto Nuevo where I live. She has done small work for me and a friend also. She is very efficient and also speaks English, as my Spanish is limited. Anyway, beleive they are married if I recall correctly. Both have a good reputation from what I understand. Thats my limited knowledge. Good luck. Steve

Old 04-29-2008, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
There is a DRA Irma Flora Avila DDS In Primo Tapia which is next to Puerto Nuevo where I live. She has done small work for me and a friend also. She is very efficient and also speaks English, as my Spanish is limited. Anyway, beleive they are married if I recall correctly. Both have a good reputation from what I understand. Thats my limited knowledge. Good luck. Steve
Thank-you Steve. I appreciate the info.

Old 05-07-2008, 11:13 AM

2 posts, read 89,969 times
Default Dental implants

Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
My son and I drove to Tijuana yesterday to consult with three different dentist about veneers for him and bonding for me. I saw Dr. Billy Bartel, Dr. Torres at Pacific Dental and Dr Avila in Rosarito Beach. It took a lot of internet research to get it narrowed down to those three. I don't want to do a big report if no one is interested but if you are just let me know on this thread and I'll be happy to go thru my experiences for you.
Although my interest is implants,I would like to hear your feelings on the three dentists , mentioned above. I too, researched the internet, chose one of the above dentist. I have had the initial work done and next step is the implants themselves. However before I proceed I would like your impressions.
Thank you for your time!
ps. I am pleased with the work done so far,but since we are talking about a substantial amount of money ,time and procedures that would be difficult to repair, the more I know, the better I'll feel about my choice.

Old 05-07-2008, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obboboboy View Post
Although my interest is implants,I would like to hear your feelings on the three dentists , mentioned above. I too, researched the internet, chose one of the above dentist. I have had the initial work done and next step is the implants themselves. However before I proceed I would like your impressions.
Thank you for your time!
ps. I am pleased with the work done so far,but since we are talking about a substantial amount of money ,time and procedures that would be difficult to repair, the more I know, the better I'll feel about my choice.
Hi!
I liked all 3 dentists from the consultations. I think Dr. Torres was the most expensive but he was also the most organized as far as printing out the estimate and explaining things. His office wasn't very impressive but he was. Dr Bartel didn't explain as well. His asst wrote the estimate down on some paper. He reminded me of American dentist who only half listen to you but maybe he was distracted because his offices were being renovated at the time. Dr Avila has beautiful offices that seem very busy. My experience with him was different because I'm lying there and he's examining the place where I want bonding and the next thing I know he's doing the bonding! I couldn't talk or move my mouth to tell him I was just there for a consultation. When I finally get a chance to move my mouth I tell him I didn't mean for him to do it just then and to please not do anything that can't be undone, in case I'm not happy with it. He looked surprised and said he thought he was suppose to be bonding it but that he wasn't doing anything that could not be undone. When he finished (it only took about 30 minutes) he handed me a mirror- and it was great! I couldn't believe it. Dr. Torres had said he would only bond one side because it would look bulky but Dr Avila had bonded both sides and it looked great! He charged me $50.00. In theory I should hold it against him that he moved so quickly without understanding I was just there for a consultation but he did it so well and I'm so pleased that I'm going to go to him to get my crown done and my son's bonding. My son wants Dr Torres to do his veneers but I'll decide after we see Dr Avila again. My appt for my crown is the May 13th. Now, who did you go to?

Old 05-07-2008, 07:28 PM

267 posts, read 1,288,994 times
This is a great thread you started, reps to you.

Old 05-09-2008, 02:20 PM

2 posts, read 89,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
Hi!
I liked all 3 dentists from the consultations. I think Dr. Torres was the most expensive but he was also the most organized as far as printing out the estimate and explaining things. His office wasn't very impressive but he was. Dr Bartel didn't explain as well. His asst wrote the estimate down on some paper. He reminded me of American dentist who only half listen to you but maybe he was distracted because his offices were being renovated at the time. Dr Avila has beautiful offices that seem very busy. My experience with him was different because I'm lying there and he's examining the place where I want bonding and the next thing I know he's doing the bonding! I couldn't talk or move my mouth to tell him I was just there for a consultation. When I finally get a chance to move my mouth I tell him I didn't mean for him to do it just then and to please not do anything that can't be undone, in case I'm not happy with it. He looked surprised and said he thought he was suppose to be bonding it but that he wasn't doing anything that could not be undone. When he finished (it only took about 30 minutes) he handed me a mirror- and it was great! I couldn't believe it. Dr. Torres had said he would only bond one side because it would look bulky but Dr Avila had bonded both sides and it looked great! He charged me $50.00. In theory I should hold it against him that he moved so quickly without understanding I was just there for a consultation but he did it so well and I'm so pleased that I'm going to go to him to get my crown done and my son's bonding. My son wants Dr Torres to do his veneers but I'll decide after we see Dr Avila again. My appt for my crown is the May 13th. Now, who did you go to?
Thank you sir for your time.

Old 05-10-2008, 10:13 AM

Thanks for the review. I didn't know Dr. Bartel had the prices on his website. Maybe that's why they just wrote it on a peice of paper. They knew I could just get them online. Very helpful information. Also, did you drive into Tijuana or park at border and take a cab?

Old 05-15-2008, 03:38 AM

23,219 posts, read 29,040,205 times
Default Good dental work all over Latin America

Since I travel to latin america, often enough, I always postpone my dental work until I get there, whether it be Central or South America. I have had dental work in Tijuana, good dental work, but I have found, over the years, that great dental work is not confined to Mexico. While vacationing in Ecuador and Bolvia, I had some outstanding dental work done down there. Recently, last month, I was in Argentina, in Tandil, and had a tooth capped, a filling put in as well as xrays, all for an incredible sum of $65. Outstanding job! It all helped to defray my thousand dollar airfare to Buenos Aires. I'll be in Guatemala and El Salvador this Fall, and I'll probably have some dental work done down there as well. But, at one time, I was led to believe that it was only Mexico is where you went for good dental work. Far from true! I recommend anyone contemplating having dental work to include it in their vacation plans and pick any country down there in Latin America to have it done. But if you're close to the border, then Mexico is the better answer.

Old 05-28-2008, 05:52 PM

3 posts, read 39,352 times
I fly to Juarez to see the dentist at Rio Dental tomorrow morning. I'll let y'all know how it goes. I have a lot of work to do, about how much have y'all seen charged for crowns, root canals, bridges, veneers? Thanks for any help you can give.

John
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico