Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 12:43 AM

18 posts, read 73,545 times

Advertisements

It seems that now US is strugling a lot with its econmy, so what's next on NAFTA, is Canada going different way?, is Mexico going to move to other horizonts (Japan of Europe)?

Do you think Oil crisis will separate of stick togheter the 3 partners?
Do we really have more oil to suck out (US & Mexico)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2008, 07:50 AM

291 posts, read 648,666 times
Mexico still remains dependent on the world's largest market: USA

Altough trade with Japan, Spain, Europe and Latin-America has increased, the most succulent market is still USA.

The current strength of China can not be explained without the help of USA consumption, so, everybody wants to sell something to USA.

I think, the NAFTA still has much ahead, with fuel prices, some companies that went to China are coming back to Mexico.

With the success of China's economy is coming a generation of chinese who will not be satisfied with actual misery wages, so its main attraction will be lost, even still missing a few years for that.

Old 07-12-2008, 10:26 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,145,796 times
Canada I am not worried about.

What may make or break Mexico are the growing problems with the drug gangs/Zetas near the US border.

Old 07-12-2008, 11:38 AM

658 posts, read 831,736 times
Both Canada and Mexico are dependent upon the USA for us buying their exports. Now that the Canadian dollar is on par with the US dollar, NAFTA is halfway to achieving its goal, specifically, dragging the USA down to the level of neighboring nations. Mexico is next. Ross Perot was right about that sucking sound. NAFTA is a disaster. I have read it and followed it. NAFTA is nothing about helping the USA. Read it.

Old 07-12-2008, 11:46 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,438,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmendozav View Post
It seems that now US is strugling a lot with its econmy, so what's next on NAFTA, is Canada going different way?, is Mexico going to move to other horizonts (Japan of Europe)?

Do you think Oil crisis will separate of stick togheter the 3 partners?
Do we really have more oil to suck out (US & Mexico)?
All this problems and changes will make the three countries start to ponder on our relationship and future together, sometimes we learn the hard way, let's see what happens

Old 07-12-2008, 02:53 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,145,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesandveybe View Post
Both Canada and Mexico are dependent upon the USA for us buying their exports. Now that the Canadian dollar is on par with the US dollar, NAFTA is halfway to achieving its goal, specifically, dragging the USA down to the level of neighboring nations. Mexico is next. Ross Perot was right about that sucking sound. NAFTA is a disaster. I have read it and followed it. NAFTA is nothing about helping the USA. Read it.
I hate to pop your bubble; but you are only half right.......Canada is a solid First World nation on par with the USA.

Old 07-12-2008, 05:30 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
I thnik tahtonce they get the crummy mexican trucking settled things might workout. I mean I have seen trucks from mexico that should not be on any highway. I think canada is oK but frankly rarely see any of their products where I live.

Old 07-12-2008, 10:18 PM

18 posts, read 73,545 times
I think that as antgar mentioned, for Mexico, trade with US is easier and bigger opportunity, it's the same for the US. If you ever have the chance to visit Mexico, you will see how much US business are around. Not only the commercial kind (Mc Donalds, Crispy Cream, etc.) but other kind of industries.

So the best we can expect then, is to have a quick move in Mexico to improve things, like the trucking or even the wage, so immigration can be controlled between both countries.

I'm sure not every thing is fine for either the 3 countries, but yeah, the 3 of them are getting benefits from NAFTA.

Old 07-13-2008, 08:03 AM

124 posts, read 529,721 times
Moderator cut: edit

Back on topic, yes, there are trucks that shouldn´t be allowed on any highway, but if you see them in the USA, blame your government for letting them in in the first place.

Food for tought

Cheers

Last edited by christina0001; 07-16-2008 at 02:47 PM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 07-13-2008, 01:20 PM

291 posts, read 648,666 times
alxtronics,

calls attention in this forum are only for those who are in favour of mexico,

regards!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico