Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2008, 09:29 AM

2,308 posts, read 2,587,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
TIJUANA, Mexico (Reuters) - Fourteen Mexican drug gang members were killed and eight others were injured in a gun battle near the U.S. border on Saturday, one of the bloodiest shootouts in Mexico's three-year-long narco-war.
Unquestionably, parts of the US-Mexican border are as much of a war zone as the Middle East!

Fourteen killed in Mexico drug battle near U.S. - Yahoo! News (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2008, 08:28 AM

334 posts, read 827,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard View Post
Unquestionably, parts of the US-Mexican border are as much of a war zone as the Middle East!

Fourteen killed in Mexico drug battle near U.S. - Yahoo! News (broken link)
Yeah, its all those billions of US dollars that keeps them going. The good thing is, their battles between each other and the police don't affect regular citizens, unless you just happened to be there at the time. Think about a gang shooting in LA; what are the chances you would be anywhere near it at the time it happened?

Old 04-27-2008, 08:46 AM

210 posts, read 744,857 times
Default 25000

With no supply there is no demand. I also see in that news article that the Mexican president sent 25000 troops to take care of the situation. That seems like enough man power and military force to me to be able to stop the cartels once and for all, but to bad they are all as corupt as the drug lords.

Old 04-27-2008, 09:36 AM

334 posts, read 827,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allisonguru View Post
With no supply there is no demand. I also see in that news article that the Mexican president sent 25000 troops to take care of the situation. That seems like enough man power and military force to me to be able to stop the cartels once and for all, but to bad they are all as corupt as the drug lords.
Well, they've got a LOT of money, and they DO try to buy their way in and there are/have been takers of that money in a variety of important positions, both civil and military. However, that seems to be a bad position to be in these days -- the honest police/military are determined to clean it up (huge progress) and then their "employers - cartels" get upset when they cannot do what they were paid for. Talk about nowhere to run and hide! A LOT of the police killings have been these crooked cops -- killed by the druggies, not the honest cops; they're busy arresting these guys and putting them in jail (anyone involved in drugs, big or small).

When the police arrest people here, often they are put in the back of a pick up and taken to jail, I see that all the time -- the other day I was in Tijuana and saw a pick up with about 8 people crammed into the back (police truck, on their way to jail) and 2 of them caught my eye -- left over hippies, looked like the Haight Asbury type, but OLD, man and woman. Long grey hair, beads, etc. Wonder what they were arrested for? Probably an illegal peace protest.

Old 04-27-2008, 09:39 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,299,783 times
As long as an American is willing to buy MJ and snort and such there will be a drug problem both here and in Mexico.
We are responsible for this blood shed south of the border............Davie I actually agree with you...............

Last edited by Convert 54; 04-27-2008 at 09:40 AM.. Reason: an oppsie

Old 04-27-2008, 01:23 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
As long as an American is willing to buy MJ and snort and such there will be a drug problem both here and in Mexico.
We are responsible for this blood shed south of the border............Davie I actually agree with you...............
I don't agree. For one if the Mexicans quit trafficking narcotics, some drugs like pot would be grown here, pot can be just as easily home grown. Americans might not quit buying drugs, but Mexico simply wouldn't be the main source of them.

I don't think the USA is the cause of all the world's problems.

Old 12-10-2008, 02:20 AM

27 posts, read 93,985 times
I totally agree with Convert and Dave. totally, if you don't have a market you can not sell something I don't care what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico