Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2009, 03:16 PM

972 posts, read 3,935,579 times

Advertisements

I have gone to an ATM to withdraw money from my credit card and I find the surprise that the banks have decided not to deliver more money to their customers. In the case of Santander is not available to over 10% of credit limit and in the case of Banorte is not available cash at all. And all this without prior notice.

Neither the 94 nor the crisis in 2000, something happened and I wonder if the banks do not begin to limit access to clients' savings, as happened in Argentina with the famous ¨corralito¨.

This starts to give bad spine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2009, 04:06 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,998,974 times
CASH advance on a Mexican Credit Card being denied...this I can understand with the exchange rate today of 14.30 to the dollar.

Banks in Mexico will vary and also to their time in business with the constant changing that is going on.

That is the reason I don't have any money in them.

Currency value is unstable.

Old 02-08-2009, 06:50 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,914,996 times
I think we may be heading into hard times, I don't know what to say but that can't have been a very enjoyable experience.

Old 02-08-2009, 09:19 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,203,198 times
We've experienced no problems in withdrawing funds we'd wired from our US bank to an account here. Maybe it's just in cases of extending credit, the banks are being much more cautious. Isn't the same true in the US where credit limits are being greatly reduced? I think these actions are not reserved solely for Mexico.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahSal View Post
We've experienced no problems in withdrawing funds we'd wired from our US bank to an account here. Maybe it's just in cases of extending credit, the banks are being much more cautious. Isn't the same true in the US where credit limits are being greatly reduced? I think these actions are not reserved solely for Mexico.
I don't think it's the same yet in the USA. They keep raising my credit limits even in spite of this so-called crisis. I worry more about the dollar becoming worthless. What happens if other countries start to refuse it?

If they keep adding a trillion here, a trillion there to our current debt just so we go on spending like it's going out of style, then the dollar will soon be worthless.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:53 AM

972 posts, read 3,935,579 times
the problem is that previously you could get cash until your credit limit and now you can only use your credit cards in shops, so the availability of cash in Mexican banks is wrong and that might explain the variable in the type of peso-dollar exchange, like most Mexican banks are owned by foreign parent companies are removing their money Mexico (pesos) to dollars.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_inombrable View Post
the problem is that previously you could get cash until your credit limit and now you can only use your credit cards in shops, so the availability of cash in Mexican banks is wrong and that might explain the variable in the type of peso-dollar exchange, like most Mexican banks are owned by foreign parent companies are removing their money Mexico (pesos) to dollars.

Yes, it sounds like they may be trying to prevent a whole lot of money being taken out of Mexico. I'm sure some would be tempted to do so because they fear the peso falling more against the dollar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico