Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2009, 10:14 AM

17 posts, read 51,367 times

Advertisements

My family will be moving to Mexico and I am so confused about sending my dog. She will be flying down separately. She is about 65 lbs. Some sites say I need the USDA stamp and others do not. Also, that the health certificate has to be within 72 hours-a little hard to get that stamp so quickly. Finally, I've read that I need a broker, why? Thank you!!!!

Well, I returned to Mexico with my 2 cats I came from Brazil and what they asked me was the following:

Their vaccination stamps, a letter from the doctor stating that the health of the cats was good, and results from tests taken 3 months after vaccination showing that they already developed the antibodies required.

They travelled in the cargo area of the plane, we had to pay extra for that and notify the airline before making the reservation, when we arrived to Mexico we went with the animals to customs where the officer saw that everything was ok, he gave a look to the cats also and after everything was ok, we were allowed access to the country.

Hope this helps, regards

Last edited by Travelling fella; 02-23-2009 at 12:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico