U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 04-04-2009, 03:09 PM
 
3 posts, read 33,737 times
Reputation: 13

Advertisements

Hello, I have been told by my dentist that I have wear my teeth too much (severe bruxisim)and that is the reason for the extreme sensititvity i have. I was told I need to crown all my teeth and replace 2 missing molars, all comes to a total of $36,000 dlls. Of course I can not afford it. 2 friends of mine suggested a dentist in Tijuana, and while doing my research i found that a lot of people go to mexico for medical procedures. The dentist my friend suggested,has all good reviews and have responded to my emails promptly, and all the references i have contacted have just wonderful
things to say about him. however i have never been to mexico before and feel uncomfortable traveling by myself and going to a dentist I just know by email. Does anyone have any tips about going to tijuana and your experiences with tijuana dentist? Thanks
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-16-2009, 04:58 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
3 posts, read 44,346 times
Reputation: 15
Talking Dr. Torres pacific Dental Tijuana

Hi ssharvey, If you go to tijuana for dental treatment, you can check on other posts about tijuana dentists about my experience. However after doing a lot of research and narrow my search to 3 dentist, I decided to have my treatment with Dr. Oscar Torres of pacific dental tijuana. I have a beautiful perfect smile now, thanks to Dr. T, and I had referr 3 friends of mine to him, all with positive experienses . For many reasons I choose him over the others. Although he is not in a new fancy building, you will be impress once you enter his office, clean, excellent staff, everybody speaks english, they do not make you wait, but best of all, once Dr. T did my exam and took pictures he took the time to explain to me all my options,show me pictures and real samples of the different kinds of veneers, and told me exactly what to expect as my final results, i got a printed itemized estimate, so there is no surprises after. The office is very well organized and they have their own dental laboratory where they make the crowns with this computers. here is a link from a documentary they did about best dental offices in tijuana:
Mod edit:Use DM for this

My best advise will be to check different doctors and go to the one you feel more comfortable.
Yahiss

Last edited by Travelling fella; 04-16-2009 at 07:38 PM..
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2009, 08:19 PM
 
1,492 posts, read 7,235,647 times
Reputation: 1437
I had bariatric surgery in Tijuana. Am now wanting a nose job/ rhinoplasty and will return.

A tip I have for you going below the border is ensure they provide ground transportation for you from San Diego.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2009, 03:46 PM
 
3 posts, read 33,737 times
Reputation: 13
Default Pacific Dental Tijuana Dr. Torres

I just returned from my dental appointment with Dr. Torres, everything was perfect , I am just a little bit sore around the gums. My first appointment was last Friday on that day I had my exam, xrays and a ct scan for my implants. I was impressed with the equipment and the doctors, all the staff speaks perfect English and is courteous, professional, highly efficient, and simply delightful to be around whether one is in the waiting room or undergoing work in the dental chair. Today I had molds taken for all my upper and lower teeth to have crowns made. I opted for the zirconium crowns, I think they are call ETKON. Dr. Torres took the time to explain to me all the pros and cons of each type of crown. Wednesday I have my appointment with Dr. Lutz to place my implants, and finally next Monday I will have my permanent crowns glued.
I arrived last Thursday, and stayed at the Best Western Americana in San Ysidro,I was very tired (12 hour flight)so I slept all afternoon, the next day I had 3 appointments with different dentists, I took the shuttle to Pacific Dental, my first appointment was with Dr. Torres, after my examination and estimate, I went with Dr. Cavallero, then to another clinic that someone from the shuttle told me had good prices, but on that last one I didn’t like anything so I would not even mention it.
I decided to have my treatment at pacific dental Tijuana because Dr. Torres made me feel very comfortable, his office is well organized, he is not the cheapest but also not the most expensive, and from the 3 dentists I saw before , he has the newest equipment in both his office and his dental laboratory which is in the same building. This is a nice and clean dental office with 3 dentist. The building is not as pretty as the inside of the office, but once inside you will think you are at an office in the USA. If you're looking for a fancy practice with marble fountains and plasma TV screens, go ahead a spend a fortune to get that somewhere else (I know, I visited several for consultations). I had pictures taken of “before” will ask for pictures “after”, next monday once I have all my new teeth. If you go to pacific dental make sure you try the restaurant around the block call La Fogata, wow, I had the best breakfast I ever had!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2010, 07:17 AM
 
469 posts, read 1,172,004 times
Reputation: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushervey View Post
I just returned from my dental appointment with Dr. Torres, everything was perfect...
How does the cost of implants in MX compare with US?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2010, 01:04 PM
 
Location: The world, where will fate take me this time?
3,162 posts, read 10,798,294 times
Reputation: 1435
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro View Post
How does the cost of implants in MX compare with US?
For mine I paid around 900 usd for each, this included the doctor charges, anesthesia and everything, this was when the dollar was at 10 pesos per dollar now that it's around 12 something should be less around 820 - 850
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2010, 07:43 PM
 
469 posts, read 1,172,004 times
Reputation: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
For mine I paid around 900 usd for each, this included the doctor charges, anesthesia and everything, this was when the dollar was at 10 pesos per dollar now that it's around 12 something should be less around 820 - 850
Thank you – that's a bargain!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2010, 08:40 PM
 
Location: SE Florida
1,194 posts, read 3,837,228 times
Reputation: 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushervey View Post
Hello, I have been told by my dentist that I have wear my teeth too much (severe bruxisim)and that is the reason for the extreme sensititvity i have. I was told I need to crown all my teeth and replace 2 missing molars, all comes to a total of $36,000 dlls. Of course I can not afford it. 2 friends of mine suggested a dentist in Tijuana, and while doing my research i found that a lot of people go to mexico for medical procedures. anyone have any tips about going to tijuana and your experiences with tijuana dentist? Thanks
No tips for Tijuana here but my friends did go to Costa Rica and had dentistry complete. He is happy and it is a darn shame Americans need to go overseas or outof ur country for dental work due to costs are prohibitive for most Americans to get work done here..

I would first find out about Costa Rica...His costs imn USA were 23,500 and his costs in Costa Rica amounted to 4,200....Good luck...
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2010, 07:37 AM
 
Location: The world, where will fate take me this time?
3,162 posts, read 10,798,294 times
Reputation: 1435
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro View Post
Thank you – that's a bargain!
You are welcome, and my doctor is considered expensive in Mexico city, there must be cheaper alternatives but I believe that with your health you shouldn't take risks.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-11-2010, 12:52 PM
 
1,492 posts, read 7,235,647 times
Reputation: 1437
Quote:
Originally Posted by yahiss View Post
Hi ssharvey, If you go to tijuana for dental treatment, you can check on other posts about tijuana dentists about my experience. However after doing a lot of research and narrow my search to 3 dentist, I decided to have my treatment with Dr. Oscar Torres of pacific dental tijuana. I have a beautiful perfect smile now, thanks to Dr. T, and I had referr 3 friends of mine to him, all with positive experienses . For many reasons I choose him over the others. Although he is not in a new fancy building, you will be impress once you enter his office, clean, excellent staff, everybody speaks english, they do not make you wait, but best of all, once Dr. T did my exam and took pictures he took the time to explain to me all my options,show me pictures and real samples of the different kinds of veneers, and told me exactly what to expect as my final results, i got a printed itemized estimate, so there is no surprises after. The office is very well organized and they have their own dental laboratory where they make the crowns with this computers. here is a link from a documentary they did about best dental offices in tijuana:
Mod edit:Use DM for this

My best advise will be to check different doctors and go to the one you feel more comfortable.
Yahiss

I emailed Dr. Torres but haven't received a response.

Opening back up this thread as I'd like to have 4 implants this summer. Costs are $3500 for 2- around here and anesthesia is extra.
Doesn't include the crowns.

So- I'm open for referrals!
USA or Mexico it's about $200 round trip to:
San Diego, Phoenix, San Antonio, Cancun

so I'd have to factor in airfare costs

Anyone have a good experience anywhere cheap?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top