Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2009, 09:02 PM

287 posts, read 1,089,973 times

Advertisements

Supposed to leave for Playa Del Carmen next week. I'm still going, as long as everything doesn't shut down. I read today on a couple blogs that the govt. ordered bars and restuarants closed in Cancun, Playa, Cozumel. Anyone live there and know if this is true? We're only staying 5 days and going pretty much for the beach, but I'm staying at a private home (not a hotel), so we'll need to eat and get out once in awhile. So what's the deal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2009, 08:10 PM

1 posts, read 2,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anr_black View Post
Supposed to leave for Playa Del Carmen next week. I'm still going, as long as everything doesn't shut down. I read today on a couple blogs that the govt. ordered bars and restuarants closed in Cancun, Playa, Cozumel. Anyone live there and know if this is true? We're only staying 5 days and going pretty much for the beach, but I'm staying at a private home (not a hotel), so we'll need to eat and get out once in awhile. So what's the deal?
Real Smart? Go have a good time and possibly come back as a carrier of a disease?

Oh thats right its about you? Not anyone else.....

Old 05-04-2009, 10:40 AM

287 posts, read 1,089,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean252 View Post
Real Smart? Go have a good time and possibly come back as a carrier of a disease?

Oh thats right its about you? Not anyone else.....
I don't know why you chose to reply the way you did, but I hate to break it to you friend, this flu has spread to over half the states in the US by now. Unless you want to hole up in your house for the next couple months until it goes dormant, you have as much of a chance catching this at the grocery store or post office as at a resort in a part of Mexico where no cases have been reported. Did you READ my post before you replied? Guess not.

As this is your first post to the forum, and you did not answer my question nor offer any intelligent information, I'd say you're in the wrong place. Maybe you'd get more replies on a conspiracy theorist's forum.

Old 05-05-2009, 07:59 AM

10 posts, read 25,836 times
Hey Arn:

I'm living atm in Mérida, capital of Yucatán and here in the WHOLE peninsula theres not a single case of the "nefarious" desease, u can go out and don't be scared.
And EVEN if u get infected is NOT a deadly desease, if u get the symphoms go to a hospital and get treatment fast and u will be just fine.
If u are not in Mexico, and u realy must come, i must advise u that this is the worst time here for turism, places to visit can close without notice and u might end in almost a ghost city.
If u can arrange to visit us later, that would be the best for u.
Btw, i work as a manager in a small hotel boutique in Merida so is not like i should scare turism, BUT if I was about to visit a country or place "plagued" by some desease, i would think it twice.

Best regards and let me know if i can help u futher.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:17 AM

3,530 posts, read 9,745,298 times
Valaryant: I've been to Merida, have you been to Cancun or Playa? These towns are 3-4 times bigger than Merida, I doubt they will turn to ghost towns.

Further, as the Mexican govt. has relaxed it's rules, the archeological sites are now open (probably THE main source of tourism) as well as all bars and restaurants in Cancun and Playa.

Granted, yeah, if you do feel ill, go to a clinic. There are two in Playa, I'd advise you (anr) to locate them prior to your trip so that you know where to go.

I'm not sure where you get your news but it's pretty faulty anr. The govt. asked bars and restaurants to close in Mexico City, a city that is 1,000 miles away from Playa. And they asked for that to happen over this last weekend, Fri. and Mon. of which were already holidays. Now all is up and running and there's no reason to freak.

In fact, I'll feel safer there rather than here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico