Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2010, 08:35 PM

200 posts, read 814,341 times

Advertisements

How similar are the residents of Brickell similar to Manhattanites?
Do they dress well, are highly educated, and ambitious? Are people fast-paced?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2010, 08:44 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,322,033 times
Dress well? Yes.

Highly educated? It varies.

Fast paced? Not so much as Manhattan. It's faster than any other city/part of a city in FL, but doesn't give Manhattan a run for its money.

Overall it's not Manhattan, yet, but is the closest thing to it if you're looking for warm weather.

It's grown a lot since 10 years ago, and will continue its Manhattanization in the years to come. It's a place where you can buy a condo now and get in while prices are still reasonable.

Old 06-19-2010, 08:48 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,195,335 times
Most of Brickell residents are temporal. Coming from all over the world, they purchase condos for vacation purposes only; some few do live there as permanent residents though.

I think you mean people who work there, well it depends on the person really. Yes, you see well dressed executives, and they do look ambitious. But by no means that area is fast paced.

Old 06-19-2010, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post

It's grown a lot since 10 years ago, and will continue its Manhattanization in the years to come. It's a place where you can buy a condo now and get in while prices are still reasonable.
We were going to have an 800 plus feet skyscraper (MET 3), but now the proposal has changed it to be a parking garage.

Old 06-19-2010, 09:06 PM

200 posts, read 814,341 times
Is the area filled with mostly young professionals? I know girls in miami care about what kind of car their boyfriend drives, but in this area could I find someone who cares rather about how educated you are?Could I also find an educated girl? Miami is very flashy

Old 06-19-2010, 09:11 PM

Yes, you'll find those girls everywhere in Miami. The "I only care for my boyfriends' car/looks" is so 80's/90's (early 2000's), women now care for mature, high income and intelligent guys - someone they can trust their financial stability to.

PS: By high income, I mean guys who have an stable job, not lazy bums who do nothing but to party, eat, sleep and take care of their red Honda civic.

Old 06-19-2010, 11:08 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,184,507 times
Thats funny we are comparing Brickell and Manhattan because Brickell has been called "The Manhattan Of The South" before. This is a good discussion for me as well because I know a lot about both areas. A lot of people are on the right line so far, I'd say people in Brickell dress well, most of them being highly-educated, obviously it's not as fast paced as Manhattan, I don't think anywhere in the country is, but it still gives other cities a run for their money.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:56 PM

197 posts, read 668,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat2009 View Post
Is the area filled with mostly young professionals? I know girls in miami care about what kind of car their boyfriend drives, but in this area could I find someone who cares rather about how educated you are?Could I also find an educated girl? Miami is very flashy
There is plenty of people to choose from. I believe it all depends where you socialize/network. You'll be surprised to find that a lot of "flashy" girls are also well educated and sucessful professionals

Good luck to you and welcome to Miami!

Old 06-26-2010, 06:21 AM

245 posts, read 662,557 times
I live in Brickell and really like it, but it's no comparison to manhattan. Everyone does dress very nice and takes care of themselves. I find that some people in Brickell make fun of SoBe saying that the real money is in Brickell......I don't know, or really care.....
I do wish I could go out in the evening and be able to wear a nice pair of sandals. If your a guy going out in Brickell you better have on a collared shirt and shoes......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: